Turbo on eBay to replace my blown turbo - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Turbo on eBay to replace my blown turbo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...155215911&rd=1

it is the cheapest turbo on ebay.

let the trash talking begin, maybe you can discourage me from buying it and make me spend more on something rediculous

i just tore the bearings up in my turbo on my d15b7 and am replacing the entire turbo instead of rebuilding it
SprayMySol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2007, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 RollinEK is learning the way of the DRollinEK is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

All i can honestly say, i that you will get what you pay for. Ebay isnt the best answer, but id at least sit back and wait for something really good to pop up for about the same price.
RollinEK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 01:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

ching chang meow turbos inc.

I'd buy a real garrett t3/t4 from blaast for 500 instead of going through a few ching chang meows
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

I am asian, we make good products, americans are just rough.

No I'm joking, I'm japanese our shit is right, chinese people make knockoffs.

I don't have the 500 to spend on a turbo, if this one messes up I can rebuild it with garrett bearings and such and it will basically be the same thing right?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

I dunno if its parts compatible with garrett rebuild kits, maybe someone who has a ching chang meow can chime in?

personally, I'm getting a T3 .42/.48 pulled from a volvo
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 01:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ching chang meow turbos have bigger wheels, .50 and .63 what size should I get for a D series that is a T3/T4 turbo? Will smaller wheels help the lag that my old turbo had? When my original chinchameow was working it was full boost at around 5,000-6,000rpm
Old 08-29-2007, 02:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Send a message via AIM to 91_si_d16 Send a message via Yahoo to 91_si_d16

wow my friend has that turbo. Loves it. it works really nice. has about 10,000 miles on it now.
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

91_si_d16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 04:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

For the price I say go for it. If it shits out then you have to rebuild it and you will probably still end up spending less money than a "real turbo". And if it works then you saved a shit ton of money. It's more of a risk and also more hassle to do it this way but IMO it's worth the risk.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 05:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

yea get it why not, it will probably work great and you will be happy because you got a nice turbo and you spent 140 bucks lol
cars101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 07:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Research says it's a 50/50 toss up really. Some good, some bad...my friend in town here has had the same one for 40k miles and just recently sent it in to be "Garrettized".
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 07:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

If your looking to get that snail for cheaper let me know I have the same exact one brand new in the box from the same seller on ebay. I emailed the guy about the 3in s-pipe from the filter to cold side of turbo that was pictured as a kit with this turbo i wanted to know if he sold it seperetly. He says he does tells me its $28 shipped and comes with 2 connectors and 4 clamps. So i pay him he sends it i get this big fucken box i open it its the spipe connectors and clamps and he sent me the turbo by mistake and never asked about 3 months later and still nothing. I got no use for it you want it let me know I'll send ya some pics.

EDIT: Sorry i think i sold.

GO STEELERS!

Last edited by Hellhatch; 08-29-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 07:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 Dweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dweezil Send a message via Yahoo to Dweezil

At least you'll be able to get your car back on the road, but I'd start preping to replace that turbo already. Depending what your old turbo is just get it rebuilt.

Quote:
Arrogent?

No, I, like a lot of people on this site, don't have time for dumbasses that type like a cat with downs syndrome.

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Dweezil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 07:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellhatch View Post

EDIT: Sorry i think i sold.
Yes you did:thehump:

Sorry spraymysol I couldn't resist.

/end
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprayMySol View Post
[url]
i just tore the bearings up in my turbo on my d15b7 and am replacing the entire turbo instead of rebuilding it
Rebuild kits are like $70 on ebay.

Here's a link on how to rebuild a turbo:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1397101&postid=17974047
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-29-2007, 08:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
CRX KING

slebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcanoslebidia is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slebidia

If you can't afford to play...

slebidia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Blaast can rebuild china turbo's if you want to go that route on yours that blew.I think it was maybe 250 for all garrett internals.

Anyways I have the exact ebay turbo on my car now,I bought it used and it still runs no problem,with a couple thousand miles on my setup. I have a garrett backup though if/when the time comes.If you do run that turbo get an oil restrictor and make sure your lines aren't kinked.
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by slebidia View Post
If you can't afford to play...
exactly

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2007, 03:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

sorry i just want to ask about turbo on ebay..coz this topic relate

what about turbo kits on ebay ? what turbo t3/t4 they use,imean their brand ?
is it a good quality and performance ? which better with custom turbo
dhetz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2007, 06:46 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhetz View Post
sorry i just want to ask about turbo on ebay..coz this topic relate

what about turbo kits on ebay ? what turbo t3/t4 they use,imean their brand ?
is it a good quality and performance ? which better with custom turbo
*shakes head*
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-01-2007, 07:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

Chinese turbos are soo hit and miss.
the best way to go would be to find a used turbo at a junkyard, then send it to a professional; someone who has a reputation and gives a warranty to have it rebuilt a rebalanced.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in