Is boosting the b8 pointless? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
dhn

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Is boosting the b8 pointless?

well..im doing a mini me...and just gonna boost that...probably build the hea.d.its a d16z6 head. throw a nice t3/t4 or just a t3 and thats it...but is it pointless to boost a d15b8 block?...im lookin to run 14's..possibly 13's..just a nice daily driver..ya kno..ive searched but..all i see is the idiots say that a b series is better or its pointless to boost it....with no good reasoning..any help is appreciated
dhn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dippincrx

not sure how much the block will hold but boost is boost no matter what engine its gonna improve your performance,
themadhatter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dippincrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Its all up to you man. If ya dont mind building it and then end up pulling it out again if it blows up then id say go for it. Just get it tuned VERY well and hopefully that bottom end will hold together well for ya. If youve got the z6 head, you should be able to yank that off it if the bottom end goes and use it on another short block.
MSUGeoman22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 05:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

before you put the z6 head on it.. make sure it has the 4 valve relief pistons and not the 2 valve relief pistons.. chances of bending valves with the 2 valve relief..

SOBER TILL ITS OVER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 05:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
dhn

is there any way to reinforce the bottom end? if not i might just save up for a z6..but i have a blown headgasket so i figured jus do a mini me..build the head..zex cam..valves....idk bout the bottom end cause i dont think anyone makes forged internals for a b8
Old 08-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

cheaper to get the Z6 bottom end.

To beef up the D15B1/2/7/8 bottom end is $1300 for rods and pistons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Not to threadjack but whats the difference in bottom ends from the d15b1/2/7/8 series you mentioned and the jdm d15b?
MSUGeoman22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 RandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

Ive been pushin around 7-9psi (td04h) on a b8 block for the past 1500miles & 2 months,
beatin on it everyday I get a chance,

boost the d15b8!

RandysSOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 greasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regular

its not pointless until it blows up
greasemonky50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 04:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
dhn

^dick

thanks for the advice guys...any others?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dippincrx

just boost it you can always drop in another d if it blows anyway
themadhatter

dippincrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 06:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SterioFreak will become famous soon enoughSterioFreak will become famous soon enoughSterioFreak will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SterioFreak

Any way of knowing if it has 2 or 4 valve reliefs on the pistons? Such as a serial number break?
SterioFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUGeoman22 View Post
Not to threadjack but whats the difference in bottom ends from the d15b1/2/7/8 series you mentioned and the jdm d15b?
journal size is different
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 RandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

it has 4 valve reliefs....believe me

RandysSOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonky50 View Post
its not pointless until it blows up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhn View Post
^dick

thanks for the advice guys...any others?
What? He's right.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Im running a t3 on a d15b block @ 7psi with no problems at all... go for it.
93BoostedSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2007, 08:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Swipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Swipe'd

y not just boost a z6?

ull have better results n itd hold better...

(but obv. we all want u 2 build the bottom end b4 u boost)
Swipe'd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in