Welding turbo fins... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

CrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default Welding turbo fins...

http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-for...turbo-mod.html

I dont even know what to say...i saw the link over on homemadeturbo and had to post it here...this is fucking retarded...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

boosted D16Z6 :shocked:
Quote:
Honestly, I would piss on his door handles. Regularly, like his door was my personal bathroom.
CrazyConscious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 csaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Yeah. I saw that. That guy is a retard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
owns you.
csaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

What a retard. Maybe it'll spool even faster if he blocked all the fins. I wonder if it made the ZOOM ZOOM sound louder? LOL

Last edited by Kyred; 08-28-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Kyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 03:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

im sure that thing is no were next to balanced.... i wont last

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 15 reviews

WOW!! That's gonna blow up real good soon.
16333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 Dweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dweezil Send a message via Yahoo to Dweezil

Quote:
ok my new turbo arrived... no go coz everything was way off measurements etc. so I took off my old T3/T04e 57trim and welded 1/2 of the fins (not fully closed shut as you can see) on the hotside used to spool @ 3000rpm & get 5psi @4000rpm now only 2400rpm & get 5psi by 3500rpm.
Duh, same gas volume, smaller opening. Of course it's goinng to spin faster the exhaust wants out!

Quote:
way more torque(throttle response was amazing too) @ around 2000 rpm it feelz like my dads supercharged v8 now ^^....
You could have run a 1.25" downpipe for the same result. All he's done is shift the powerband down the RPM range.

Quote:
weight increase by a total of 3.5grams (6 fins) + maybe 2-3 more grams from the stainless steel weld spots (pic was taken when finz had minimal weld spots). btw it has a bit of the whining sound when spooling ... I like it alot but letz see how long it'll last.
KABOOM!!!!

Quote:
the other reason why i didnt use the small T3 turbo was coz the cold side was way too small(hotside A/R .4 about 3inchz smaller in diameter
But THIS is better?

Quote:
another half assed job by copex below-
So he's done shit this stupid before? Great, I'm glad I'm halfway around the world so I don't have to deal with him

Wow, if there wasen't a picture I'd say it was a joke.

Quote:
Arrogent?

No, I, like a lot of people on this site, don't have time for dumbasses that type like a cat with downs syndrome.

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Dweezil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Slowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropes

did anyone listen to it in the video? it sounds cool, but sounded like my turbo when i didn't balance the shaft after a rebuild.
OEM Main bearings
RC Autoworks ramhorn
T3 .42/.48
Precision 780's
Delta 272-2
Supertech valve springs
ARP Headstuds
Street tuned on a s300 by eee-jay-ate
Old tune: 240whp/204tq
Slowhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

pointless
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Someone should ban him from turbo privileges for life or at least stand beside him watching everything he does and kick him in the nuts if he even looks like hes thinking about doing something that stupid again.
MSUGeoman22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

he ruined a turbo......

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

as we say in the Corps Tight work , tight work mf. i need to get stationed in Au so i can find this dumbass and kick him in the nutz after beating the shit out of him. I mean DAMN.

98 EX EJ - never ending project
boosted @ 10psi

Quote:
don't forget about poor little Mr. Map sensor......
98exej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 09:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Slowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropes

i dont see why people are getting angry at him, its his own turbo he can do whatever he wants with it. granted its a dumb idea, like body kits and lisa lampanelli but it happens.
OEM Main bearings
RC Autoworks ramhorn
T3 .42/.48
Precision 780's
Delta 272-2
Supertech valve springs
ARP Headstuds
Street tuned on a s300 by eee-jay-ate
Old tune: 240whp/204tq
Slowhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

SOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Why would anyone ruin their turbo?? The guy was a moron for sure... He should practice welding an exhaust or something....
SOHCinWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

i don't have anything to say, as this is just plain dumb.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

dumb ass!

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 03:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 white-vic is learning the way of the Dwhite-vic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i think it's hydromatic and on top of that it's systematic.....

no really, what was he thinking....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	myspace-picture-codes-113.jpg
Views:	1152
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	15525  
white-vic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 04:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 13 Drumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

lmao hopefully he makes a follow up video on how the turbo blew and he decided to be smart and buy one from a reliable company. haha
Drumritter258 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 Candycane04 will become famous soon enoughCandycane04 will become famous soon enoughCandycane04 will become famous soon enough

If he likes that noise maybe he should try straight cut gears.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJH84FnQa8

Last edited by Candycane04; 08-30-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Candycane04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 07:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Send a message via AIM to 91_si_d16 Send a message via Yahoo to 91_si_d16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane04 View Post
If he likes that noise maybe he should try straight cut gears.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJH84FnQa8
wow that sounded really cool.
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

91_si_d16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhatch View Post
did anyone listen to it in the video? it sounds cool, but sounded like my turbo when i didn't balance the shaft after a rebuild.
that's because he just fucked up the balance of it. noise was probably also friction; but you have something that spins like 80,000RPMs right there(maybe even more); so the level of precision has to be high.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in