what should i get/ and do ? need some help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 03:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default what should i get/ and do ? need some help

i was going to sell my turbokit but i already have so much money but into it .... but im affraid of blowing my internals if i dont build them up first before i boost my car ..... what should i do sell the turbo buy internals and then go back and boost my car or boost my car and just run low boost until i have enough money to buy internals not sure what to do......has anyone ran on stock internals and how did that go ?
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2007, 04:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

shocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shocker911

TONS of ppl run on stock internals....just get a good tune and you should be fine unless you have problems with the internals already

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add to the list
shocker911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 04:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

no problems with the internals at all i just dont have a second car and if my motor blows im SOL

Old 08-27-2007, 05:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

I've been runing on stock internals for awhile.Alot of people do actually.Here's the key.

A good tune and a healthy motor to begin with.Get a compression test and leakdown test done and,if those numbers come back good your fine.No point turbocharging a car with problems that are only going to get worse from added stress.It won't blow if it's healthy,tuned good built good and at a moderate horspower level.

Nice to see more ohio people on there.Read the stickies and faq's!
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

where would i get the test done
Old 08-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all

Yourself, or any good auto shop.Autozone and places like that actually sell the testers if you wanted to do it yourself.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

ok cool ... have you guys heard of a block protector ?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

jus hold on tho your turbokit an buy and build another block!
everything go takes time!"if your a pay check to pay check guy like me!"

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 09:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

should i go with the ex block or go with the lx ?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 29 Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Civichatch91

I can't help you decide what block to go with but, I had a 4g63 non turbo internals with 20,000 miles on it and then I through a big 16g evo 8 turbo on it and it didn't last but like 4-6 month's and it blew the pistons out , yea we're talking Mitsubishi to Honda but it taught me to change the internals before boosting ever again. My 2 cents
Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilverCoupe

block choise is really up to u but like the others here have said if ur tests come back fine u can boost to about 200 hp and be fine on stock internals. Im at 210 with edelbrocks open track kit and a P28 w/crome
SilverCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano

Have you looked at the stickies..?

Also, how is anyone gonna make any suggestions if we don't know what you have. So like Bone would say, what year ford?
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
i make girls cry..and it gives me wood.
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
Exedy 11lb flywheel, Exedy Stg 1 clutch
OBX LSD (Installed by Transzex)
KYB AGX, Eibach sportlines
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000civicex13 View Post
ok cool ... have you guys heard of a block protector ?
You mean a block gaurd? Not needed if your not planing on making big horse power and then you would need to have it installed right, not just droping it in with the head off.Only mods you may want to do for safety is arp headstuds and a new oem headgasket.Im not even runing that and I have zero problems.

Aren't those blocks the exact same?I thought the only difference between Y seires motors was the vtec equipment/head/intake manifold/emissions stuff, since they are both 1.6's.Could be wrong.

READ THE STICKIES!! also look at the 200+honda-tech sohc turbo thread and pay turbod16.com a visit.

Last edited by cbuscivictuner; 08-27-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haysoos View Post
Have you looked at the stickies..?

Also, how is anyone gonna make any suggestions if we don't know what you have. So like Bone would say, what year ford?
no reason to be a dyck head obviously your on a d-series forum and my sign on is 2000 civic ex and my intro tells all

d16y8 stock no internals nothing special at all just asking for a little help

went and had it tested yesterday everything is A-ok
Old 08-28-2007, 04:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Turbo it. 5-6psi, good tune on a healthy motor you'll be fine. There are tons of street stock block turbo SOHCs around.
Then save up to build a block if you have the urge to make alot more power.
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 05:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

i was talking to this guy and he said something about sleeve and darting my motor and i could run like 40-60lbs boost true not true if so how much would that coast
Old 08-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano

Quote:
no reason to be a dyck head obviously your on a d-series forum and my sign on is 2000 civic ex and my intro tells all

d16y8 stock no internals nothing special at all just asking for a little help

went and had it tested yesterday everything is A-ok
It's basic information, you shouldn't make people assume. Was it really that hard to just post your engine code?

Quote:
i was talking to this guy and he said something about sleeve and darting my motor and i could run like 40-60lbs boost true not true if so how much would that coast
Whats your HP goals?
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
i make girls cry..and it gives me wood.
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
Exedy 11lb flywheel, Exedy Stg 1 clutch
OBX LSD (Installed by Transzex)
KYB AGX, Eibach sportlines
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

with the money i have right now just round about 200 cant really afford aftermarket internals ..... but looking and wanting to see 12's would be happy with 13's but im wanting 12's .....
Old 08-28-2007, 09:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
The Master Fabricator

gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gpny

Quote:
At this level - I'm going to assume you're a noob that knows nothing about cars or building up motors...

With that said, until you do a TON of research, you should be looking at mild power gains - maybe shoot for 170whp and 7-8 psi.

With those power levels (up to around 200hp) you'll be fine
Old 08-29-2007, 02:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

i dont know a whole lot i know enough if im going to do it right im going to take my time and ask as many questions as i can .....
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in