Bad oil leak.. Halp Meeeeeeee!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 PR93 is starting to learn the ropesPR93 is starting to learn the ropesPR93 is starting to learn the ropesPR93 is starting to learn the ropesPR93 is starting to learn the ropesPR93 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Bad oil leak.. Halp Meeeeeeee!!!

Ok I am a noob when it comes to FI, I have dont plenty of reading on here and have come to build my own kit..but still no tune(thanks)

so I have a couple questions

1)My problem is that everytime I hit boost I notice a lil smoke from the hood, so I pop the hood and see oil leaking down my block, I clean it up and drive and it happens again, upon inspection I notice that the oil is coming from the valve cover, I just changed the gasket b4 I put the kit on so I know it cant be that.. SO my question is, what is causing this to happen, and how do I stop it?

2) I installed 440cc injectors but the car seemed to bog upon starting and sometimes wouldnt even do anything, idle would just be low, so I changed them out and put in injectors I pulled from a turbo volvo slapped them on, and it idels fine.
Is it the tune ithat I need to be able to run the 440's?

3) last one, with the volvo injectors(I believe they might be 310 could be wrong) I adjust my FPR at 40 psi car start fine, I turn off and adjust to 55 psi and it wont turn over, so what I did was put back to 40 started the car adjust to 55 ran the car but when I was stopped at a light, car shut off.
where should it be adjusted to run normal, or do I need an adjustable fpr. ( or this maybe lack of tune as well)

Sorry for all the questions guise but I know allot of you here have gonr throught that same thing, so appreciate the help..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-------------- see that green dot. Thank you my D-Series Brothers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PR93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

your valvecover gasket even tho is new could leak due to something on the gasket surface or a poor gasket... double check it..
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i agree with h2bcivic. def double check your head surface under the gasket. as far as your fuel issue. u dont have an adj fuel pressure reg? if not then you should def get one and also get an air/fuel gauge. this way when you turn it up you can see if your running too rich or too lean. but sounds like your dumping too much fuel in it and your flooding the motor.

:slap:

"Robots Act. People judge and command"
00d16t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

talking about oil leaks in the valve cover and some smoke from the valve cover along with you talking about changing injectors without tuning.

this all leads me to think your car is not tuned well and its time for a compression test.

wanna bet on how many cylinders are below 100psi?

konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Slowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by konigcivic View Post
talking about oil leaks in the valve cover and some smoke from the valve cover along with you talking about changing injectors without tuning.

this all leads me to think your car is not tuned well and its time for a compression test.

wanna bet on how many cylinders are below 100psi?
i got $10 on 2 & 3!
OEM Main bearings
RC Autoworks ramhorn
T3 .42/.48
Precision 780's
Delta 272-2
Supertech valve springs
ARP Headstuds
Street tuned on a s300 by eee-jay-ate
Old tune: 240whp/204tq
Slowhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

how much boost??

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhatch View Post
i got $10 on 2 & 3!
raise you $10 for cylinders 1 & 4.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdewey58 View Post
how much boost??
yeah, maybe too much?
illusionzx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 csaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

My guess is that you are still running a pcv valve and you are pressurizing your crank case. That causes excessive crank case pressure leading to blowing out gaskets and oil leaks. Get a catch can and hook it up correctly. Problem solved.

owns you.
csaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 05:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

People are getting the valve cover gasket mixed up with the head gasket. Leaking from your valve cover gasket in no ways point to a bad head gasket and therefor low compression in any cylinders. CSaddict has the correct answer.
sleepgsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 06:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 PR93 is starting to learn the ropesPR93 is starting to learn the ropesPR93 is starting to learn the ropesPR93 is starting to learn the ropesPR93 is starting to learn the ropesPR93 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

yeah its not the head gasket, but will pick a new VC gasket and see.. catch can may be what I need. Oh and right now I es running 5lbs

<-------------- see that green dot. Thank you my D-Series Brothers
PR93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 08:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 J_Dog is learning the way of the DJ_Dog is learning the way of the D

Put some honda bond on the sharp turns of the valve cover seal.

91 si

a6 y8 mini
p29's
60mm TB
Crower stage 2 Cam
7lb Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum Crank Pully
Innovative Trac Bar
Hondata s300

Quote:
I've got a spoon in my cup holder. Does that mean I have a spoon cup holder?
J_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaddict View Post
My guess is that you are still running a pcv valve and you are pressurizing your crank case. That causes excessive crank case pressure leading to blowing out gaskets and oil leaks. Get a catch can and hook it up correctly. Problem solved.
exactly!

happened to me. i was blowing oil pan gaskets and oil was seeping through my valve cover bolts before i went with a catch can.
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 02:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

with no tuning and boosting, im sticking with busted ringlands.

though i do hope its as easy as the pcv system for him, i doubt it.

konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in