GREDDY TURBO KIT 92-95 CIVIC 11550021A has arrived in Australia Whoop!! Few questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default GREDDY TURBO KIT 92-95 CIVIC 11550021A has arrived in Australia Whoop!! Few questions

Hey

How's it going my US brethren.....

Well after debating whether to go custom or kit for my first Turbo setup I finally bit the bullet and got the GREDDY TURBO KIT 11550021A for my D16Y1/D16Z6 delivered to Sydney Oz.

So now I have a couple of questions after getting carried away ordering I forgot to ask :alky:

1.Upgrade path on stock internals

Intercooler = Already Got
Bigger Injectors?
BOV Plump-back?
Fuel Pump?
Turbo Timer?
Upping the boost?

Did I miss anything?

Next

2. Gauge's?

Boost Gauge?
Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge?
Oil Pressure Gauge?
Water Temp Gauge?
Oil Temp Gauge?

Did I miss anything?

What's wank and what's not?

Do the Autometer 92-95 Honda Civic Dual Pillar Pod fit well and how hard is it to paint gray?

Thanks Guys

LukeZen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lukezen27; 08-24-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Lukezen27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2007, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
Intercooler = Already Got
Bigger Injectors? -450cc, cause your not going to break 300 whp with that kit so they will not max out
BOV Plump-back? -just go open atmos
Fuel Pump? -stock is good for ~300 whp, but i would not go past 250 whp
Turbo Timer? -not required, just nice to have. you can sit in the car for 1 min, can't you .
Upping the boost? -i would not pass 1 bar

Did I miss anything? -need a new map sensor for anything past 11 psi.

Next
2. Gauge's?
Boost Gauge? -required
Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge? -not required, if you have faith in your tune
Oil Pressure Gauge? -required
Water Temp Gauge? -optional
Oil Temp Gauge? -optional, you can guage temp by pressure*.
my thoughts in red, obviously .

btw: * = pressure drop (3-6 psi) without an oil leak means your oil is cooking.

edit: re-thought the whole oil temp guage. might be needed in your case, as your in country where it is reallly hot.

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 08-24-2007 at 10:15 PM.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

Quote:
Hey

How's it going my US brethren.....

Well after debating whether to go custom or kit for my first Turbo setup I finally bit the bullet and got the GREDDY TURBO KIT 11550021A for my D16Y1/D16Z6 delivered to Sydney Oz.

So now I have a couple of questions after getting carried away ordering I forgot to ask :alky:

arp head studs and new oem head gasket
Intercooler = Already Got whats the size ? have to figure in pressure drop across the intercooler
Bigger Injectors? prelude or dsm's will be sufficient
BOV Plump-back? open atmosphere knock off greddy or what you like for sound
Fuel Pump? 190 lp walboro
Turbo Timer? eh. if ya want to =P
Upping the boost? 15psi is the max efficiency of the 15g

Did I miss anything?

Next

2. Gauge's?
see below
Boost Gauge? gotta watch that boost creep.
Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge? no fake light show device shown in picture, true wideband with digital read out is best/true
Oil Pressure Gauge? sure
Water Temp Gauge? always good to monitor your cars fluids
Oil Temp Gauge? sure cant hurt only help

Did I miss anything?

What's wank and what's not?

Do the Autometer 92-95 Honda Civic Dual Pillar Pod fit well and how hard is it to paint gray?

Thanks Guys

LukeZen
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 11:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks guys

Yeah it dose get hella hot here lol

The guy that's installing my kit is suppling the intercooler, hes has two GReddy kits on his D16Y1 before he sold it so I would assume he knows what size should work the best

BOV into atom is illegal here in OZ plump-back or none at all it the only option..

So those pods fit OK on the EG's? and yeah I'll get some real Gauges..

Man these instructions by GReedy are the worst I've ever seen :skull:

Are there any better written instructions on installing this kit?

Thanks Guys

Luke

Old 08-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

atmo BOVs are specifically illegal?

any idea why?
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!

no, but i do know that in cali they are for sure illegal through visual. wonder why as well.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexelstudent11 View Post
atmo BOVs are specifically illegal?

any idea why?
Yes only atmo are illegal across the board in Australia..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory jordan View Post
no, but i do know that in cali they are for sure illegal through visual. wonder why as well.

Yeah simple

Venting of any Exhaust gas into the atmosphere before passing through the cat means that car would not pass an emissions test,,,

Global Warming and all the shit!!

I thought you guys were the turbo kings Pins and new all this shit.......... lol

Last edited by Lukezen27; 08-25-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

Quote:
Yes only atmo are illegal across the board in Australia..

Yeah simple

Venting of any Exhaust gas into the atmosphere before passing through the cat means that car would not pass an emissions test,,,

Global Warming and all the shit!!

I thought you guys were the turbo kings Pins and new all this shit.......... lol
bov doesnt vent exhaust gasses into the air, only compressed fresh air.
if it where exhaust gasses running into your intake how well do you think your car would run?
you can always plumb it back into your intake if you want. i dont know what the laws in Australia are, but all dsm bov are plumbed in that manner.
i think emissions laws are more picky about cat converters, the altering of oem engine management, and exhaust emissions.

Last edited by drunkinmaster1; 08-25-2007 at 07:51 PM.
drunkinmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkinmaster1 View Post
bov doesnt vent exhaust gasses into the air, only compressed fresh air.
if it where exhaust gasses running into your intake how well do you think your car would run?
you can always plumb it back into your intake if you want. i dont know what the laws in Australia are, but all dsm bov are plumbed in that manner.
i think emissions laws are more picky about cat converters, the altering of oem engine management, and exhaust emissions.

Huh?

So no exhaust gas's ever make it back into the intake?

If not then the law makes no sense as thats the atmo's are illegal in Oz

Old 08-25-2007, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

bov valves stops the intake air from back spinning the compressor when the throttle plate closes
Old 08-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

Yeah simple

Quote:
Huh?

:slap: lol j/k.
guess we do know what we are talking about.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
bov valves stops the intake air from back spinning the compressor when the throttle plate closes
Yeah I know that but can't exhaust gas make it back into the intake due to dodge turbo?

Quote:
:slap: lol j/k.
guess we do know what we are talking about.

This is my first turbo so I hope so but what I've states is fact.. here in Oz

Last edited by Lukezen27; 08-25-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Quote:
Huh?

Exactly !!!!

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi View Post
Exactly !!!!
Well then as far as I can tell its a pointless law but I still have to follow it for insurance cover,

Old 08-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

just check your local laws to see what kind of turbo setups are legal in your country. like i said theres many oem turbod vehicles in australia. dsm's just vent back into the intake right before the turbo. you dont have to vent into the atmosphere. it make a nice sleeper too because you wouldn't hear the ricey bov squealing like a mouse fart.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkinmaster1 View Post
just check your local laws to see what kind of turbo setups are legal in your country. like i said theres many oem turbod vehicles in australia. dsm's just vent back into the intake right before the turbo. you dont have to vent into the atmosphere. it make a nice sleeper too because you wouldn't hear the ricey bov squealing like a mouse fart.
Yeah cool

most guys here just don't run with one at all, is that safe?

Well they were wrong at my local RTA dump chicks

There illegal here in Oz due to.. noise polution.. epa rules

I guess that's why plump-backs are OK coze they don't make much noise

Last edited by Lukezen27; 08-25-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in