skunk2 intake manifold - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 BoostedEG will become famous soon enoughBoostedEG will become famous soon enoughBoostedEG will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to BoostedEG
Default skunk2 intake manifold

ok i just got a SK2 mani. older one but it has a plug on it and i dont know what gose there... any one?? thanks in advance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^^^THANKS WHITE EJ8 ^^^
My myspace page. Last name is phillips

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My car is slow... Just nowhere near as slow as yours....
BoostedEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2007, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 SupaStyl is starting to learn the ropesSupaStyl is starting to learn the ropesSupaStyl is starting to learn the ropesSupaStyl is starting to learn the ropesSupaStyl is starting to learn the ropesSupaStyl is starting to learn the ropes
Send a message via AIM to SupaStyl Send a message via MSN to SupaStyl

looks like a intake air temp sensor mount just like on the a6 mani's.

SupaStyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 BoostedEG will become famous soon enoughBoostedEG will become famous soon enoughBoostedEG will become famous soon enough

i have a Z6 where is it located on that?on the back right? if you looking at it

^^^THANKS WHITE EJ8 ^^^

Old 08-24-2007, 01:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 SupaStyl is starting to learn the ropesSupaStyl is starting to learn the ropesSupaStyl is starting to learn the ropesSupaStyl is starting to learn the ropesSupaStyl is starting to learn the ropesSupaStyl is starting to learn the ropes
Send a message via AIM to SupaStyl Send a message via MSN to SupaStyl

yea, the backside of the manifold, the intake pipe for cylinder 2. Y8 IIRC is on the intake arm pre throttle body. That intake you have there sir looks to be for an A6.

SupaStyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 04:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Andrew smells like BoratAndrew smells like BoratAndrew smells like BoratAndrew smells like BoratAndrew smells like BoratAndrew smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Andrew

It's a white plug. (the only white plug on your IM)

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

ok thanks. looked at the web site and the only make one for D-series. says covers all years from 88-00

^^^THANKS WHITE EJ8 ^^^

Old 08-24-2007, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

Yes, plug is for IAT, I have same mani on my z6.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Yeah and intake air temp sensor.Held in with two philips screws and a oring seal.The sensor is white.
92eghatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Good info i had the same question about my blox manni i had no clue what that was for looks like im plugging mine.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah i gasket match my own manifolds and im familiar with things of honda.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

thanks the only reason i really asked is cause there is threds on the in side

^^^THANKS WHITE EJ8 ^^^

Old 08-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

thats it dog you gatt her
Old 08-25-2007, 01:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 24 Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Im running one on my D15B, I had to sand the IAT down a bit to get it to fit. Its either that or make the hole bigger on the IM. The IAT is plastic, and I had no trouble shaving it down A LITTLE, Ive been running it for almost a year now with no issues. I dont know if anyone else has experienced this problem, but I imagine Im not the only one.
Atmosfear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

if your talking about the hole on the side there, i left my unplugged but covered. because if not, it will idle because of vaccum leak!!!
killer_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 12:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
Im running one on my D15B, I had to sand the IAT down a bit to get it to fit. Its either that or make the hole bigger on the IM. The IAT is plastic, and I had no trouble shaving it down A LITTLE, Ive been running it for almost a year now with no issues. I dont know if anyone else has experienced this problem, but I imagine Im not the only one.

Same issue here .. probably common...
aazaa_EJ_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

The reason that the IAT doesn't fit without slight modification is because the hole on the manifold for the sensor is threaded. Skunk2 only offers one intake manifold for 88-00 D-series motors. On the 96-00 Civics, the IAT is on the intake tube. The hole on the manifold is threaded so that if you have a 96-00 (with the sensor on the intake tube) you can thread in a bolt so that you don't have a vaccum leak, but still have a spot to put the sensor if you have a pre-OBD2. All that needs to be done if you have a pre-OBD2 is to take a drill bit and drill the threads out.
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Resident D-Bag

I have this im as well. originally I had it on a y8, now it's on a Z6, always in my eg. it has extra hole for things because it's for all d's 88-00. the only mod I needed to make was shaving down the im temp sensor. As i said it's in my eg so all the sensors, parts connected to it were from the Z6.
oL Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Boosted236 smells like BoratBoosted236 smells like BoratBoosted236 smells like BoratBoosted236 smells like BoratBoosted236 smells like BoratBoosted236 smells like Borat

do you know what increase in HP will you get im thinking about getting one my self.
Boosted236 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

The only real feedback I ever found on the s2k manifold was jfk78 (first 10 second vitara car)

He gained almost 50 whp with the intake manifold,h22 t/b, and correcting the cam timing from before.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1659581
354whp before the s2 manifold and retune
(I can't find another the thread but on another dyno pull he got closer to 390whp)

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1947857
442 after the s2 manifold and retune

I dont know how much of that is from the actual s2 manifold and tb vs him correcting his timing and reving to 8k instead of 7300 on the 442 run.Xenocron also did back to back testing on a lsvtec with an s2 pro series and a performer x and the s2 came out on top but thats a diffrent motor.

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Boosted236 smells like BoratBoosted236 smells like BoratBoosted236 smells like BoratBoosted236 smells like BoratBoosted236 smells like BoratBoosted236 smells like Borat

sweet im going to get one then.....
Boosted236 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in