4 speed turbo ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to antihero
Default 4 speed turbo ?

hey guys i have an ef with a 4speed in it ,and a d15b.....im going to do the vitara setup...but i was wondering if u should get a 5 speed for the turbo....people ive talked to give me different answers......can u guys shed some light on this subject for me thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 white-vic is learning the way of the Dwhite-vic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

vitara's in a d15,what rods are you gonna use???
white-vic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 mdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

i'd upgrade to a 5 speed the 4 speed EF trannys have long gear ratios and would not be good on quarter mile times, thats if your aim is to get better 1/4 mile times.
mdog244 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-vic View Post
vitara's in a d15,what rods are you gonna use???
i dont know yet im still searching bro....i thought u could use the z6 eagle rods in it?i dont know if this i true or not thought.....and this car is just to be a budget drag car....so if a 5 speed will help at the track then thats mostlikely what im going to do
Old 08-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 white-vic is learning the way of the Dwhite-vic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

imo just go with that 5 speed no doubt and you cant use those rods....
for beefy rods its going to be expensive to stick with a d15..
white-vic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2007, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-vic View Post
imo just go with that 5 speed no doubt and you cant use those rods....
for beefy rods its going to be expensive to stick with a d15..

what about this

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...light=d15+rods

that is a d15b and hes useing tt ....and on tuner toys,those rods say for a d15b/d16......am i reading this wrong?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

For a drag setup I would definately swap to the 5 speed.
I built a kit for a customer on his DOHC ZC (which was mated to the OE 4 speed). I later swapped it out to a 5 speed and it made a world of difference. The 4 speed gears are just so long, too long actually for any type of drag setup.
There is a thread on HT about the SOHC tranny gearing where it has been show to be beneficial to swap either the 3rd or 4th gear into the 5 speed tranny. ( I really can't recall exactly what it is, but I'll look it up). I've always considered it because I have a spare 4 and 5 speed tranny here.
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

D15B VTEC uses different (D16) rods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 01:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
D15B VTEC uses different (D16) rods
well what kinda rods does it use?i can use these right?http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/R3-5394-AH

Last edited by antihero; 08-24-2007 at 02:16 AM.
antihero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

that 4sp is GARBAGE! gears are looooooooooooong

get an SI trans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
that 4sp is GARBAGE! gears are looooooooooooong

get an SI trans
thanks alot for all the help guys .....but im so confused about this rod thing....does anyone out there know if the tt rods will work,or of anything i can used(again its a d15b,not a b2 or anything)thanks again
Old 08-24-2007, 07:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

is it a jdm d15b vtec? NOT the vtec-e? if so, they share the same rods as any d series 1.6, so yes TT rods will work.

now you just need to source pistons that will...

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 08-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

5SPEED!

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

IMO if your spending on vitara, rods, etc then you should really go for the 5 speed to get the most out of your setup. For some who just want a basic turbo build then make use with what you got and get the turbo setup running first and later upgrade comes needed.
JON_S13EF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

vitaras and tt rods are a good set up. dont forget all the other things that make that combo work.

ps.5 speed

Last edited by cory jordan; 08-24-2007 at 08:32 PM.
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2007, 04:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory jordan View Post
vitaras and tt rods are a good set up. dont forget all the other things that make that combo work.

ps.5 speed
thanks for all the info guys.....the only reason i was asking about the 4 speed is because,i thought that it would be spooling long then a 5 speed....im just going to throw it out there but this is the coolest forum ive been on so far...
Old 08-25-2007, 06:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Chiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to all

I thought the d15 had a smaller rod big end than the d16? Like a 3mm difference?
Chiovnidca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiovnidca View Post
I thought the d15 had a smaller rod big end than the d16? Like a 3mm difference?
not the jdm d15b

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in