went to dyno today, need comments - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost
Default went to dyno today, need comments

Hi gus, finally I went to the dyno today.

At 15 psi, with my apexi kit car made: 219 hps and 213 torq

My concern is about a/f ratio at about 4500-500 a/f goes to 14.5!!!

At this moment I dont have the dynograph because the printer was broke, damn !!!!.

The dyno guy says that if we tune to 13.1 a/f ratio the power must jump to about 250, is this true???

I have some doubts about a/f ratio, cause they use a sensor attached to the tail pipe of my exhaust, is this ok???

Please , I need fomments to check if car is working fine.

Just for your info, my best 1/4 time is 13.2 at 102.3 and best trap speed was 105.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit88 View Post
At 15 psi, with my apexi kit car made: 219 hp´s and 213 torq seems low to me, what type of dyno?

The dyno guy says that if we tune to 13.1 a/f ratio the power must jump to about 250, is this true??? don't know if it will jump that much

I have some doubts about a/f ratio, cause they use a sensor attached to the tail pipe of my exhaust, is this ok??? i've seen this done, and it is not very accurate. it could be much leaner/richer then you think using that type of sampling. the car i saw use this type was running much richer. fuel was almost spewing out the tail pipe, and it was only reading a 13:1 :shocked:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 08-22-2007 at 01:39 PM.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....

dyno is a dynojet.

What do you think about torq, I think is higher for 219 hp´s. I know that torque on hondas is about 20% lower than hp´s.

I´ll take my car this saturday to my tuner house, maybe he can make some adjustments.

Another comment, on first run car was spinnig tires alot they have to lower the psi on tires.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto

Old 08-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

If that is afr is during boost then you're running lean on high rpm. But nice troque.

vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

taking a/f ratio to 13.1 would increase my power??

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 08-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Master Fabricator

gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gpny

When I'm at 15psi, I have my AFR's in the low 12's
14:1 in boost is ASKING FOR A BLOWN MOTOR!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpny View Post
When I'm at 15psi, I have my AFR's in the low 12's
14:1 in boost is ASKING FOR A BLOWN MOTOR!!!
tailpipe readings usually aren't accurate...

get a real wideband, put it in your first o2 bung, then take measurements
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 crazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazyxzer0 Send a message via MSN to crazyxzer0

tail pipe readings are accurate only if you do not have exhaust leaks.

I recently dynod my car 219whp 194tq on a mustang dyno @ 16psi on a T3 super 60.. running a 8.5:1 C:R d16z6.

My best is [email protected]

crazyxzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 DougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
taking a/f ratio to 13.1 would increase my power??
13:1 is the maximum A/F ratio I would run on a boosted car. I personally would run about 12:1, but that's just me.

As for measuring A/F from the tailpipe, I don't know much about that. I thought it was always done that way at the dyno.
DougNuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexelstudent11 View Post
tailpipe readings usually aren't accurate...

get a real wideband, put it in your first o2 bung, then take measurements
Yeah, I would never tune using a sniffer, only a wideband O2. Why? Because I'm anal retentive about things that could blow my motor.
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
i make girls cry..and it gives me wood.
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
Exedy 11lb flywheel, Exedy Stg 1 clutch
OBX LSD (Installed by Transzex)
KYB AGX, Eibach sportlines
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 04:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Cool, maybe my car is not so lean, my tuner always use a wideban oxygen sensor.

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 08-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyxzer0 View Post

I recently dynod my car 219whp 194tq on a mustang dyno @ 16psi on a T3 super 60.. running a 8.5:1 C:R d16z6.

Nice that means that my set up could give me high 12´s on my 2500 lbs delSol

Any idea why my tq is higher??

Thanks to my sponsors:

Last edited by Hugo Boost; 08-23-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

bump for feedbacks

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 08-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

what kind of turbo comes with those apexi kits? if its a bagel sized snail then youre probably not going to shove any more air in efficiently. i know that they have a reputation for good turbo kits. but with a vitara setup you might want to jump onto the t3/t4 bandwagon. higher boost with more efficiency.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkinmaster1 View Post
what kind of turbo comes with those apexi kits? if its a bagel sized snail then youre probably not going to shove any more air in efficiently. i know that they have a reputation for good turbo kits. but with a vitara setup you might want to jump onto the t3/t4 bandwagon. higher boost with more efficiency.
Thanks bro, I fact Im getting a t3/t4 .57 trim .60/.63

How are you going with you car, I remember that you have a car crash rigth??

Your setup was awesome.

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 08-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

Quote:
Thanks bro, I fact Im getting a t3/t4 .57 trim .60/.63

How are you going with you car, I remember that you have a car crash rigth??

Your setup was awesome.
right now she rests in my insulated garage. i fired her up last week and warmed her up n/a. ran like butter.
within the next 3 month ill be looking for a rolling chassis.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:

I still wouldn't trust it, the temperature differential can skew readings as well
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
tail pipe readings are accurate
stick a sensor in the center pipe, and see how close it is to readings from the tail.... i am willing to bet its off.

btw: just cause you make power, doesn't mean you can't be running rich....

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Really I dont think my car is running so lean, but tomorrow my tuner can give a real a/f reading with the wideband, and if is it necessary a new tune.

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 08-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

EG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 33 reviews

update?

• 1992 CX Hatch
  • H22A4 GT3582R 18PSI
  • 10.81 @ 137mph

REP BACK!
EG6-Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in