t25 turbo - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2007, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default t25 turbo

hey wats up. i got a 1991 crx HF. its slow, i think its a an 8 valve motor in it, a pm8. its got a nice clutch and an si tranny with a short shifter. The motor itself runs really good and healthy so i said the hell with it im gonna put my t25 turbo kit on it. Do you think its alright to run 7psi and is it necassery to have like a boost controller and turbo timer and stuff, no right lol. i got an hf exhaust manifold, t25 turbo, bov and a side mount intercooler that im gonna turn into a front mount bc i got mad extra piping. do you think this will work good and have some nice power. thanx for all the input.
cars101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 88_rex_si is learning the way of the D88_rex_si is learning the way of the D

yes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

if i rep you , rep me back:cussing:
88_rex_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AJxr

id run 12 psi from that dinkass t25, im running the same turbo, id up to 12psi but im running stock exhaust for now so ya.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Racer
d16, eagle/vitara 19psi, 12.27 @ 110.6mph, 1.795 60ft - retired
b18b1, holset, 14psi, 11.75 @ 114.75, 1.765 60ft - BONE STOCK ENGINE - retired
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

read up. stickys are there for a reason
Old 08-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

so i can run 12psi on a stock block and where do i find the stickies lol im new to the site. thanx
Old 08-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars101 View Post
so i can run 12psi on a stock block and where do i find the stickies lol im new to the site. thanx
top of the forum page https://www.d-series.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Old 08-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 AllMyEx's is learning the way of the DAllMyEx's is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

you will also need a way to tune your engine......i.e. add fuel ,adjust timing.
"Questions are the key to unlocking your ultimate potential"-Fortune Cookie
"Quality isn't expensive, its priceless"
AllMyEx's is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Fuel management and a good tune is key.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

i hate that motor. but that small t25 is gonna spool quick as hell.
projectEH2-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

lol yea i absolutely hate my motor but moneys tights these days so unless i can find a nice cheap SI head, im gonna just deall with it lol. So as far as tuning i was goin to have the ecu(pmtuned, is that bad or wrong.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

you are wasting your time with that motor. will it run? sure. will it be worth it? probably not

stock fuel cut is 5500, and its there for a reason. the motor WILL NOT make power above that, even with a snail. so lets say that with this 8 valve piece of shit, you are getting full boost at 2500(it will probably be later), now your torque curve will flatten out at 5500 even though the turbo is able to make power above that. you leave yourself with 3000rpm of usable power, and when you shift that low, you are going to fall out of boost.

at least swap in a mpfi DX motor or something. the HF is a joke
Quote:
moneys tights these days so unless i can find a nice cheap SI head
SI head wont work on that block with those slugs in it. the pistons have 2 valve reliefs, and they need 4 for there not to be valve interference with the pistons

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 BoostedEG will become famous soon enoughBoostedEG will become famous soon enoughBoostedEG will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to BoostedEG

Nicely put ryan

^^^THANKS WHITE EJ8 ^^^
My myspace page. Last name is phillips

My car is slow... Just nowhere near as slow as yours....
BoostedEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
you are wasting your time with that motor. will it run? sure. will it be worth it? probably not

stock fuel cut is 5500, and its there for a reason. the motor WILL NOT make power above that, even with a snail. so lets say that with this 8 valve piece of shit, you are getting full boost at 2500(it will probably be later), now your torque curve will flatten out at 5500 even though the turbo is able to make power above that. you leave yourself with 3000rpm of usable power, and when you shift that low, you are going to fall out of boost.

at least swap in a mpfi DX motor or something. the HF is a joke
SI head wont work on that block with those slugs in it. the pistons have 2 valve reliefs, and they need 4 for there not to be valve interference with the pistons
absolutely tru but i have a mpfi motor so is that the dx motor i dont know the motor code i think its d15b7 or sumtin. Im just goin to do it bc it will be faster then wat it is now and i already started so its w.e but thanx for the info.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Have fun bending your stock rods. =)

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 05:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
absolutely tru but i have a mpfi motor so is that the dx motor i dont know the motor code i think its d15b7 or sumtin.
the DX doesnt have to stay dpfi, it can be easily converted...

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
the DX doesnt have to stay dpfi, it can be easily converted...
nah my car is converted already. Its not dual point, its multi point.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Have fun bending your stock rods. =)
lol thanx
Old 08-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

any good tuning programs, i was goin to go with crome???
Old 08-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
nah my car is converted already. Its not dual point, its multi point.
hf chassis already have multi-point harness in it. so it was never converted.

Quote:
any good tuning programs, i was goin to go with crome???
unless you convert to obd1, you will have to use uber.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 06:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
hf chassis already have multi-point harness in it. so it was never converted.
o0 lol tru wasnt sure thanx for that info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in