d16 nitrous - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d16 nitrous

okay so i now have intake exhaust and headers and was planning on getting the apexi neo afc and then a 35-55 shot of nitrous and then tuning it all at a local performance shop i was wondering what i would be running and what cars would i be hanging with such as a 2006 si or gsr's or what
96ej8MR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

kinda hard to say man, my guess would be around 115 with out the n2o, someone will correct me though- how is your clutch and suspension set-up?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dont make me mad, ill punch you right in the armpit
1990reds13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

1) power wise, it depends on what the engine makes as a baseline.

2) tuning wise,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96ej8MR View Post
planning on getting the apexi neo afc
why not swap to obd1 and chip the ecu?

3) btw, what d16 are you running? a6/z6/y7/y8? i would assume a y8, but you never know now a days....

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
okay so i now have intake exhaust and headers and was planning on getting the apexi neo afc and then a 35-55 shot of nitrous and then tuning it all at a local performance shop i was wondering what i would be running and what cars would i be hanging with such as a 2006 si or gsr's or what
If you just wanna hang out you can do that on any cars but If you mean hangout by keeping up then I dont see why not. Add a little more hp shot then stock b16 will be the one trying to keep up with you.
JON_S13EF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

well i haave a y8 and i dont really want to convertt to obd1 would a apexi neo and a 55 shot be worth the money
Old 08-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

your gonna fall in love with the extra power...

Just go turbo... Its not gonna be that much more...

And tuning with that setup and that apexi unit aint gonna be worth the money either...
Solo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

find me a decent kit for 700 lol
Old 08-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
very easy, even cheaper if you want.

find a junkyard eclipse

turbo
injectors
sidemount
bov
rubber pipping

$300

find a hf manifold, what $100 tops?
projectEH2-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectEH2-t View Post
very easy, even cheaper if you want.

find a junkyard eclipse

turbo
injectors
sidemount
bov
rubber pipping

$300

find a hf manifold, what $100 tops?
used nitrous kit 200

colder plugs 12bucks

50-75hp by the push of a button

and

20minutes install with no reliabilty issues

priceless

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have the same set up '00 d16y8, Intake, Header, Catback, with a Zex dry 65 shot, you won't have too much luck with 07 Si. Well i have an Automatic so that might be the problem. But for the most part you will surprise a lot of people when you hit it. I smoked by Maxima's, Accords, older stock si's, Preludes can't pass me and the same with gsr's, all stock of course. But at the same time i don't have alot done to the engine. But definetly get colder burning plugs or you'll be changing them often.
Nitrous D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

I got my used kit for 100, from a buddy though.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous D View Post
I have the same set up '00 d16y8, Intake, Header, Catback, with a Zex dry 65 shot, you won't have too much luck with 07 Si. Well i have an Automatic so that might be the problem. But for the most part you will surprise a lot of people when you hit it. I smoked by Maxima's, Accords, older stock si's, Preludes can't pass me and the same with gsr's, all stock of course. But at the same time i don't have alot done to the engine. But definetly get colder burning plugs or you'll be changing them often.
um the new si's are still in the 15's lol but the auto is holding you back a shit tone i mean i walked auto y8's in my stock d15b7 coupe lol

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

yeah, tell me about it. I got my ass handed to me by a by a d15, I was so imbarrased. :/
Old 08-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

I got a buddy running a 55 shot on his d16a6 CRX Si with basic bolt ons and straigh thru exhaust(i mean straight, just a turbo muffler, ha, sounds like a 2 stroke), and he is running about a 12.0 through the 1000ft on drag radials and open diff. He also ran on another run a 9.2 1/8 mi on street tires, but the nitrous began to cut out before the 1000ft, so it was over a 12.0. BTW, he's on here, rex89si, he just never posts.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2007, 08:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

SOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I love Nitrous.. I think I may build another Nitrous powered D... The last one I built ran high 11's. Maybe I will stuff it in a wagovan this time.
SOHCinWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 05:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 J_Dog is learning the way of the DJ_Dog is learning the way of the D

Quote:
If you're looking for around $700 Why not go with a ZEX EFI Direct port Wet setup? >>http://www.compperformancegroupstore...NITROUSSYSTEMS

you can get the same kit on ebay for about $100 less.

91 si

a6 y8 mini
p29's
60mm TB
Crower stage 2 Cam
7lb Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum Crank Pully
Innovative Trac Bar
Hondata s300

Quote:
I've got a spoon in my cup holder. Does that mean I have a spoon cup holder?
J_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

I'm new to having nitrous and i am having a hard time figuring out what size jet to use for either a 35 or 40 wet shot. I have a 10lbs nitrous express bottle that i bought off my friend.. It still needs a pressure guage and a nozzle. I also got 4 bosch platinum fusion with irridium spark plugs I do not know if these will work for this shot ima do.. I already know i gotta retard the timing a few degrees and i have to use 91 octane.
5469civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5469civic View Post
I'm new to having nitrous and i am having a hard time figuring out what size jet to use for either a 35 or 40 wet shot. I have a 10lbs nitrous express bottle that i bought off my friend.. It still needs a pressure guage and a nozzle. I also got 4 bosch platinum fusion with irridium spark plugs I do not know if these will work for this shot ima do.. I already know i gotta retard the timing a few degrees and i have to use 91 octane.
Those plugs are much hotter and will most likely burn up quick as stated previously.... Personally I would stick with ngk anyway

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
xxiamdrewxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Atleast you searched. Click my nitrous install for guidance
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in