New to nitrous - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 J_Dog is learning the way of the DJ_Dog is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question New to nitrous

So, think this set up is asking to blow up: a6 block, crank, rods / y8 head, crower stage 3 cam, springs and TI retainers / p29 pistons at 11.5:1 / 4-2-1 header, test pipe, 2.5" exhaust. With a ZEX EFI Wet Nitrous System - 4cyl Direct Port jetted at 50-100.

I'm new to nitrous, but after reading through the nitrous thread it sounds fairly safe. It looks like someone touched on this in the nitrous thread but never got an answer: What is the highest compression (if a highest at all) you would want to run with nitrous? Think 11.5:1 with that cam and pistons is going to have issues?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

91 si
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

a6 y8 mini
p29's
60mm TB
Crower stage 2 Cam
7lb Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum Crank Pully
Innovative Trac Bar
Hondata s300

Quote:
I've got a spoon in my cup holder. Does that mean I have a spoon cup holder?
J_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

ive said this before and i will say this again.. nitrous LOVES compression!
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 J_Dog is learning the way of the DJ_Dog is learning the way of the D

Yeah actually reading the Zex install for the direct port wet system they say to run premium fuel and to retard the timing a little bit more.

91 si

a6 y8 mini
p29's
60mm TB
Crower stage 2 Cam
7lb Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum Crank Pully
Innovative Trac Bar
Hondata s300

Quote:

Old 08-21-2007, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 sohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respectsohc-gT  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

learn how to read your spark plugs, and make sure to get a walboro 255hp fuel pump if your spraying 75shot or more. fuel pressure drops immensly on my little stock fuel pump on spray. start from a 50 shot and work your way up from there, have a set of 6,7,8,9 series plugs avalible and a timing light. also if you have no idea about nitrous, start reading!! its very important that you understand nitrous, pressure, fuel, ignition and most importantly your spark plugs! Do a WOT with spray and check all your plugs!

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...colorchart.htm

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html
[email protected] slicks 10/6

92 civic hatch
stock d16y8 18psi 15g
R.I.P. 3/12/8
250whp 221wtq [email protected]
Vitara build 44trim ebay setup
R.I.P. 8/9
325whp 210wtq 20psi [email protected]

Last edited by sohc-gT; 08-21-2007 at 07:43 AM.
sohc-gT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm not sure if this is Double Posting But I did share my IMO on another thread similar to your questions so here's my input. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinogdenbsx
Can you use them on an all motor car if you have stock pistons? Is there any danger in blowing it?

Running Nitrous always have danger all depends on what setup on how you use it. Main issue with Nitrous is the delivery system on typical nitrous setup you want the nozzle 6~12in away from TB. Now why the distance, it's so that you plenty of time for the nitrous to mix well with fuel and spread evenly on all cylinders or so they say. If applying Nitrous on an High Compression Motor or High Boosted Motor. Consistency of the delivery system is the difference between a successful run and blowing your engine. Blowing from what? Running Lean and damage ringlands worst your bottom end. Backfire from running to much fuel and deposited fuel in your Intake manifold ignites and most likely damage the Cylinder HeadOverall the best nitrous setup for an all motor or high boost would be an Direct Port Injection because nitrous and fuel is injected closer and per cylinder therefore more consistent. Thnx! BTW. I do have a nitrous powered KA24DE-T car so I've experienced some of it luckily not the blowing engine part of it. Heres the link if interested 1992 240SX KA24DE-Turbo
JON_S13EF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

any one ever use Nozzles?...direct port with no tapping the IM....nitrous is injected at the fuel injector..looks cool.
Toddnos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddnos View Post
any one ever use Nozzles?...direct port with no tapping the IM....nitrous is injected at the fuel injector..looks cool.
I have it. It works pretty good but not as good as the real deal direct port.
24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat24-7 smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Dog View Post
So, think this set up is asking to blow up: a6 block, crank, rods / y8 head, crower stage 3 cam, springs and TI retainers / p29 pistons at 11.5:1 / 4-2-1 header, test pipe, 2.5" exhaust. With a ZEX EFI Wet Nitrous System - 4cyl Direct Port jetted at 50-100.

I'm new to nitrous, but after reading through the nitrous thread it sounds fairly safe. It looks like someone touched on this in the nitrous thread but never got an answer: What is the highest compression (if a highest at all) you would want to run with nitrous? Think 11.5:1 with that cam and pistons is going to have issues?
I'm working on a 14:1 nitrous engine now. Nitrous loves high compression.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24-7 View Post
I have it. It works pretty good but not as good as the real deal direct port.
what are the downsides?
i
Old 08-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
what are the downsides?
i
It feels restricted, like it is not working as well. It does not hit as hard either. I use the nozzle kit as my first stage and a zex direc port as the second.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 SOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

you left out one major part of a nitrous build

tuning
Hondata S300/P28, Innovate LC1 wideband

SOHC_STUDENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

the injectors look too far from the head...like it would change the spray pattern...
Old 08-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

reading your spark plugs is gay, get your car tuned with crome/s200 or something like that, spray on the dyno with a wideband, and you can add fuel and pull out timing as needed. Thats the way to do it. IMO of course

24-7 that set up looks fucking sick, well done my man. The injectors look to far from the head ?? I dont know about that, they look like they are in the same spot as Sk2 manifold only a pinch higher off the manifold
TT rods ARP rod bolts/ vitara 75.5 mm pistons
KMS Engine Development Block Guard
D16z6 head
ARP Head Studs / Cometic Headgasket
Comp Cams 59300 cam/ valvesprings retainers
KMS Engine Development P&P head (sweet Job)
Skunk 2 IM/ Ls 60mm TB/ hondata heatshield gasket
AEM Cam Gear
440cc blue tops
Freshly rebuilt Si trans, carbon coated syncros,
6 puck clutch/ Centerfore PP/ 11lb flywheel
Tdo5h turbo/ 3" downpipe-exhaust. 2' ic pipeing
Greddy BOV/ ebay wastegate,
Hondata s200-boost option

Last edited by j90crx; 08-21-2007 at 02:44 PM.
j90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j90crx View Post
. The injectors look to far from the head ?? I dont know about that, they look like they are in the same spot as Sk2 manifold only a pinch higher off the manifold
yeah too far from the head...i meant what i said..the injectors appear too far from where they were ..it looks like it would change the spray pattern...maybe thats why he says it dosent work that well....
Old 08-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
the injectors look too far from the head...like it would change the spray pattern...
That maybe what it is.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

im a dick didnt think he was talking about that setup, i also thought you mean the injectors were further up the mani (away from flange) as opposed to being higher off the manifold. my apologies Mr.toddnos
TT rods ARP rod bolts/ vitara 75.5 mm pistons
KMS Engine Development Block Guard
D16z6 head
ARP Head Studs / Cometic Headgasket
Comp Cams 59300 cam/ valvesprings retainers
KMS Engine Development P&P head (sweet Job)
Skunk 2 IM/ Ls 60mm TB/ hondata heatshield gasket
AEM Cam Gear
440cc blue tops
Freshly rebuilt Si trans, carbon coated syncros,
6 puck clutch/ Centerfore PP/ 11lb flywheel
Tdo5h turbo/ 3" downpipe-exhaust. 2' ic pipeing
Greddy BOV/ ebay wastegate,
Hondata s200-boost option
j90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2007, 06:37 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j90crx View Post
im a dick didnt think he was talking about that setup, i also thought you mean the injectors were further up the mani (away from flange) as opposed to being higher off the manifold. my apologies Mr.toddnos
w3rd..i see what u mean.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Alright another NOOB question about nitrous, how do you drive with a nitrous setup? As in flip the switch before you launch and just drive it like you would normally race it? I read in the sticky you're not suppose to drive it up to redline but what else should you do and not do? Should I invest in one of those rpm switches that activates between certain rpms like I saw a few people mention?

And also, I'm running these pistons:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-89...spagenameZWDVW

Do I need to worry about melting, breaking, bending these guys with 100 shot and below?

91 si

a6 y8 mini
p29's
60mm TB
Crower stage 2 Cam
7lb Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum Crank Pully
Innovative Trac Bar
Hondata s300

Quote:
Old 09-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Dog View Post
Alright another NOOB question about nitrous, how do you drive with a nitrous setup? As in flip the switch before you launch and just drive it like you would normally race it? I read in the sticky you're not suppose to drive it up to redline but what else should you do and not do? Should I invest in one of those rpm switches that activates between certain rpms like I saw a few people mention?

And also, I'm running these pistons:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-89...spagenameZWDVW

Do I need to worry about melting, breaking, bending these guys with 100 shot and below?
never hit the stock rev limiter when squeezing...its a fuel cut, and on a dry kit will cause a massively lean situation...
Old 09-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

i suggest using a button to engage the nitrous i've used buttons i'd rather a button over a wot switch anyday

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in