oil drain location - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AJxr
Default oil drain location

so i turboed my car saturday, with a 14b. blew that sucker up today, i think it was coked up. i had an oil psi gauge located after the oil restrictor and it was reading 80+ psi (warm) while accelerating. anyways i just installed a t25 that i had as a replacement but this little sucker smokes. oil psi is around 40psi (warm) while accelerating, guess the other was coked up.

i have my oil return located fairly high on the oil pan but it is under the baffling, i can get a pic tomorrow, will this affect me at all?

i was told as long as the bottom of the turbo is above the oil level and the return doesnt curve up at all i would be fine, any input?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Racer
d16, eagle/vitara 19psi, 12.27 @ 110.6mph, 1.795 60ft - retired
b18b1, holset, 14psi, 11.75 @ 114.75, 1.765 60ft - BONE STOCK ENGINE - retired
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

EP3Moschini It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

pics FTW!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EP3Moschini is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

you want the drain to go into the pan above the oil level in the pan
ghettoturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

are you using the right restrictor? pic of the drain w/ line installed, please.

psi for the engine is only like 10 psi @ idle / 50 psi @ 3k. you might want to make sure the sending unit is not grounded. i don't think i hit 80*, when warmed, under load.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoturbo View Post
you want the drain to go into the pan above the oil level in the pan
this is true.

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 08-20-2007 at 04:52 PM.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to tommy954rr
Default just asking

i might be way out there but how could you have 80 psi after the resrictor. and i looks like if it was coked up it wouldn't let any get thru. just wondering
tommy954rr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular

its a manual gauge, its a .065 restrictor, looks like im gonna have to retap the damn pan!

- Racer
Old 08-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

.060" restrictor my bad

would my return being low cause the higher pressure? there is such a huge difference in oil psi between swapping the turbos, my 14b must have been coked solid.

- Racer
Old 08-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

pic for reference

- Racer
Old 08-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle

I do believe you may be under the oil level. Hard to tell, the pic is a little squeehawed.
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

looks like your under the oil level.

from the look of it, your about a bung too low. i.e. if you could place a bung right on top of your, that would be a better place to put your drain bung.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 AllMyEx's is learning the way of the DAllMyEx's is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

1st off I was like "the turbos on cocaine"? spell check ftw (choked)! 2 questions, Why a restrictor with the 14b never heard or saw this before, and why and how the oil psi gauge after the restrictor(pics please)
"Questions are the key to unlocking your ultimate potential"-Fortune Cookie
"Quality isn't expensive, its priceless"
AllMyEx's is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 07:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMyEx's View Post
Why a restrictor with the 14b never heard or saw this before
why add the restritor? = oil pressure from the block at 3k is 50*, turbo pressure should be somewhere in the 10*-15* range, iirc.

as for why you have never seen this before, i have no idea. maybe the 14b has one in the housing already. to be honest i don't know because i have never used one or wanted to use one.

Quote:
why and how the oil psi gauge after the restrictor
how? = back of block->line (optional)->restrictor->line->tee fitting->turbo. at the tee fitting add the oil pressure sending unit, done.

why? = to monitor turbo oil pressure to make sure it doesn't get too high. and to ensure there is oil pressure actually reaching the turbo bearing (no clogs).

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 08-20-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: cause allmyex's can't seem to read. he/she could have just put that a 14b has a built in restrictor.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 AllMyEx's is learning the way of the DAllMyEx's is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I am pretty sure the 14b has a built in restrictor. Gotcha
"Questions are the key to unlocking your ultimate potential"-Fortune Cookie
"Quality isn't expensive, its priceless"
AllMyEx's is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Looks like your too low. YOur only supposed to be about a 1 1/2 inch down.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Slowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

yours looks like its in the same spot as mine and my turbo has been going strong for awhile now (i think, blow by sucks!)
OEM Main bearings
RC Autoworks ramhorn
T3 .42/.48
Precision 780's
Delta 272-2
Supertech valve springs
ARP Headstuds
Street tuned on a s300 by eee-jay-ate
Old tune: 240whp/204tq
Slowhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

UPDATE:

fucked around with some stuff but didnt move the oil drain. now the turbo runs about 8psi at a warm idle and no more then 20-25psi around 3-4k rpms

no smoke either!

- Racer
Old 08-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
cool title

Rep Power: 15 egriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to egriffith45

nice, what'd you do?

egriffith45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 05:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Actually is doesn't

Quote:
I am pretty sure the 14b has a built in restrictor. Gotcha
sleepgsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 06:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
1st off I was like "the turbos on cocaine"? spell check ftw (choked)!
No...coked up = clogged.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in