Air Flow Sensor - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 04:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Air Flow Sensor

I just installed my induction kit today but i am not sure i fitted the airflow sensor properly, anyone know what happens if it is not doing what it should???
Thx

P.S. i used the search button but i didint really come across anything like this.. please link if u do
Civicr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2007, 06:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Chiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to all

Airflow sensor? On a d-series?
Chiovnidca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2007, 07:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Put it between the air filter and preturbo. If your refering to the air temp sensor. Never heard of a air flow sensor on a d-series.

GO STEELERS!

Last edited by Hellhatch; 08-18-2007 at 07:14 AM.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I'll guess 96-00 Civic and IAT for $1000 Trebec.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 JoelAllenClear is learning the way of the DJoelAllenClear is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I'll guess 96-00 Civic and IAT for $1000 Trebec.
"You are correct which puts you in the lead by $1000."
JoelAllenClear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelAllenClear View Post
"You are correct which puts you in the lead by $1000."
That means I'm now only 1600 out of second place now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2007, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

well i think it is an airflow sensor anyway.... it is located in the box where the airfilter is held..it was there anyway before i fitted the induction kit...o yeah an i dont have a turbo.. i posted in the wrong section lol.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

ok me agian.... i think its proper name is mass air sensor... anwyay you guys name know what goes wrong if it isnt taking readings properly??
Old 08-19-2007, 04:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Chiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicr View Post
ok me agian.... i think its proper name is mass air sensor... anwyay you guys name know what goes wrong if it isnt taking readings properly??
What's the year and model of your car?
Old 08-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

1998 civic HB D14A4 engine....
Old 08-19-2007, 08:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Indution kit you mean cold air intake. I was thinking forced induction. If its the little thing that looks like a 2inch nipple take the grommet in your stock air box drill a hole in new one and put it in and plug in your iat sensor. If none of this is helping please post a pic of what your talking about.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2007, 09:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah i mean a cold air intake.. i posted in a wrong section.. i did wall that you said but i wanna know what happens if it aint working properly.. just top be sure i didt it all right... ill post pics tomorrow if i have time.. Thx
Old 08-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 SOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicr View Post
Is this a Civic engine we're talking about?

Honda uses a MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) and IAT sensor(Intake Air Temperature) to calculate Speed Density. aka. How much air is flowing into the manifold.

Nissan uses a MAF sensor (Mass Air Flow) and IAT to calculate air flow.

Is the sensor you're talking about black with a pointed probe? If so, that is your IAT sensor and you need it so the ecu can adjust the amount of fuel and timing according to the Intake Air Temperature.
Hondata S300/P28, Innovate LC1 wideband

SOHC_STUDENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

If it's a d14 i dont think he's from around here. Did they use maf sensors in other countries in 1998?
Old 08-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

So your telling me my D14 is the only D14 with this sensor..??? I'll just try to take a pic of the sensor today and post it.. but im prettey sure every car with EFI must have one to calculate the air flowing into the engine:S..
Old 08-20-2007, 03:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 pearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropespearl62 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

No such thing as an airflow sensor on the D14. The D14 is essentially the same thing as a USDM D16Y7 (destroked of course), and you are looking at the IAT (intake air temp) sensor.
pearl62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 AM   #17 (permalink)

Bah i dnt know.. il just take a pic and post it it will be better to understand like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in