Will this be a problem? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Default Will this be a problem?

Does anyone see my oil breather tank filter being so close to my compressor inlet being a problem? I know that exhaust fumes getting sucked in there from an open dump tube can cause my a/f ratio to go crazy,but will fumes from this under boost do the same?.My engine bays kinda cramped so thats one of the only free places left.

(Before anyone says anything I normally run a screen on there.)
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Question, why there for the canister in the first place?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuscivictuner View Post
.My engine bays kinda cramped so thats one of the only free places left.
What i said in the first post.

All the stuff I have mounted in the engine bay:

Power steering removal kit reservoir,msd blaster ss coil and wire,mustang oil fiter and oil filter relocation kit on the strut tower, oil pressure sender, turbonetics vbc,dual stage boost controller solenoid,resistor box,lines for the catch can,and thats not including the turbo kit itself and other shit im probably forgeting like lines and wiring.That and the fact the cans kinda big but for 62 dollars brand new with fillter and internally baffled I would buy it again.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

I thought the can is supposed to higher than the black box?
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Never heard of that being an issue.On the past couple car's I've had them on I usually put them wherever space allows, and I've seen a ton of them in this spot,hell theres a c-speed racing write up of an install in the exact same spot.They work off pressure in FI builds so I don't see why it would matter,maybe so it doesn't fill up as easy or fast?

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/c...n/catchcan.php

I think Im just going to finish up the new lines to it and log some runs and see what happens vs runs when i just had the lines pointed at the ground and find out for myself.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 JoelAllenClear is learning the way of the DJoelAllenClear is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I'd throw a small filter on the turbo just for protection anyways.
JoelAllenClear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

should not be a problem where it is at, so long as the filter is on tight. when your "at speed" the gases coming from the filter will not be pulled into the turbo.

now when at idle, its possible after a 1/4 mile pass that the gases might be sucked in. but it would not be something i would worry about, as you would have to be at a stand still with the gases still venting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Try to find a small hks type mushroom filter, if not u can always get a angled coupler and attach a little intake pipe to it and put a filter on the end of it. Kinda like a custom cold air intake or somthing of that sort...
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in