Pre-install suggestions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default Pre-install suggestions

Alright so I got almost all of my stuff for my turbo install (still waiting on my WB on IC piping to arrive). What are some things I can do pre-install to cut down on the time of the actual install. The only thing I could really come up with is mount the gauges but does anyone else have any suggestions?
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2007, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

depends on if your driving the car or not. oil drain bung could be put on, but you would also have to buy a "cap" for it. if you had the i/c piping, i would say installing the cold side would cut down on some time. but one that will make for some real time saving is......

mounting the fmic. locating and fabing up brackets takes a lot of time. along with any bumper mods you may have to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
cool title

Rep Power: 15 egriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to egriffith45

^^^ what he said

you can also put in any fuel parts you have and run a stock map modified for you injector size.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
egriffith45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

^Very good idea...yeah, work on the FMIC mounting location when you have the chance. Plus, if there are ANY what we might consider small problems now with the car machanically, just expect it to get worse with boost! So troubleshoot, diagnois, and fix now...

Good luck!
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Car runs decent now. Stripped a fucking wheel stud the other day but am picking one up from the dealer tomorrow.

So I can install my 450's and just modify a stock map for the injector size?

Also since I have an Si do I have to do any wiring for the injectors (450's of course) or are they plug and play since the resistor box is already there?

You guys are right. I didn't even think about mounting the IC. I will definitely do that this weekend. And thumbs up to Autoworks for shipping brackets with the IC!

Do I have to take the dash out to install my A pillar pod? It seems that way but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Sorry if these questions are noobish but this is my first turbo install.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.

Last edited by mindless; 08-16-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
So I can install my 450's and just modify a stock map for the injector size?
yes, well thats if you have the ability to.
Quote:
Also since I have an Si do I have to do any wiring for the injectors (450's of course) or are they plug and play since the resistor box is already there?
P & P
Quote:
You guys are right. I didn't even think about mounting the IC. I will definitely do that this weekend.
thats why we are here
Quote:
Sorry, I am a Noob.
fixed it for you

Old 08-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
yes, well thats if you have the ability to.
P & P
thats why we are here
fixed it for you

That's fucked up...lol.

Have the ability to install 450's?:haha:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
That's fucked up...lol.

Have the ability to install 450's?:haha:
only the truth hurts, right? so what are you trying to tell us with the ":haha:"???

umm installing 450s, is so easy any noob can do it. so hey, you fall under that don't you... lol.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yah I guess I am a newb in this case...lol.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

no, i'm just being a dick. but it really is easy.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
no, i'm just being a dick. but it really is easy.
Oh I know.

I was just concerned about the 450's and a stock map not the install of them (unless it involved wiring because I am teh suck at wiring). It makes sense that you can do that but I never thought about it before.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

what are you using for tuning?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
what are you using for tuning?
A rising rate FMU on a stock fuel pump..plan to run 10 psi....lol

LC-1 / turboedit
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
A rising rate FMU on a stock fuel pump..plan to run 10 psi....
sweet that should run better then mine.
Quote:
LC-1 / turboedit
what no FMU? damn, thought you were trying to make big power

Old 08-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

personally some of the things I did, before the final, cars apart point of no return install was; run the feed line/tt fitting from the block to a T to the firewall for the feed line and oil pressure gauge.

install my gauges, install the 450's, mounted the intercooler and fad'ed up the charge pipes, other then that went over all the parts, esp. the small misc. stuff I was going to need a few times to make sure. If you had a extra pan you could do that too. also prep your turbo fitting, etc.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

i decided i could wait a day or 2 so i started my install. pulled the car apart and on the day the parts were supposed to come i was ready. thats when i found out that they were backordered 3 weeks

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well I got my gauges and IC installed today. Next is to swap in the 450's and mock IC piping.

edit: I also forgot to add that pillar pod gaug holders are fucking gay. As soon as I get this thing running decent I'm ripping that shit out of the car.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by mindless; 08-20-2007 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

Put my chipped PM6 in tonight and ran the line for the boost gauge inside the engine bay. I tried welding the BOV on one of my IC pipes but the hole saw I was using won't cut through the mild steel pipe and I ended up chewing up the bit. I also tried putting the 450's in but god help me I couldn't get the stock injectors out of the clips.

I really need to get an SD card for my camera and take some fucking pics I guess.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-22-2007, 11:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

what do you mean by you could get out the injectors. the electrical connectors wont come off? If you remove the pin from one side, then the other side hold on the wires they usually come up.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
I tried welding the BOV on one of my IC pipes but the hole saw I was using won't cut through the mild steel pipe and I ended up chewing up the bit. I also tried putting the 450's in but god help me I couldn't get the stock injectors out of the clips.
my faith in your skills is dwindeling (sp- i know its wrong but i am tired).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in