Temperature problem - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Temperature problem

Hey guys, my setup is: Jdm EK8 with a SOHC ZC NON VTEC OBD2, i am usuing a t25 turbo with a 10:1 FMU and a MSD BTM, i'm running 7 psi....my problem now is: when the motor is cold(temperature gauge reading normal) the car runs good...after running hard a few times the temperature gauge goes up to like 3/4,so i stop the car and come out to see if its overheating..but its not(the over flow bottle is not bubbling up) and the fan is cycling normal..also if i turn on the park light the temp. gauge goes up a lil bit more than 3/4 and when i turn it off ot drops back to 3/4....when this happens the car runs like shit, it gets lazy until about 6000rpm then you feel the car start to run better until 7000rpm and when you shift the gear same thing happens...when i drive normal the gauge goes back to normal and the as i run hard the gauge goes back up.....when i park up and the car and the engine cools down and you drive again, it works normal and then the same thing happens all over again.Can anyone tell me whats going on here?
Sorry for this being so long but i tried to explain it as best as i could...thanks in advance.
crum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Rickcrx is almost a somebodyRickcrx is almost a somebodyRickcrx is almost a somebodyRickcrx is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Maybe ur temp. sensor is goin bad.
Rickcrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2007, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Wow this is a new one. Giggle the temp sensor wire when the problem happens.

You have no air bubbles in the cooling system, right ?

That the temp sensor connector off and make sure the contacts are clean.

Check all of them.
1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

not sure what radiator u using but i had a similar problem and it was my radiator that wanted cleaning but this park light thing i neva try that so no comment ;;; try running the fan direct (which means it(fan) will be on all the time) take it for a drive see what happen if it remain normal try cleaning the radiator
blade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

that long ass paragraph is killing my eyes. paragraph form or spacing/ gaps is your friend.

this
type
for
setup
lists
etc.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies guys

1992si...I played around with the temp sensor wire when i was getting the problem but nothing happened the gauge was still the same.....there are no air bubbles in the cooling system and i cleaned the temp sensor connector and the coolant temp sensor, but i'm getting the same problem.

Blade...i'm running a full aluminium radiator which is fairly new so i doubt it needs cleaning....i didnt try the fan direct as yet..i'll let you know when i do and what happens.

You guys think it could be the coolant temperature sensor?

if the temperature sensor is going bad will that affect the performance of the car???
crum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in