Anyone have boosted a JDM d15b? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Anyone have boosted a JDM d15b?

Hey guys,

I am thinking to do a jdm d15b motor swap into my 92 EG hatch. I just want to here some opinions and experiences of anyone here in this board that have boosted a d15b motor. Before anything, I want to change the water pump and timing belt on this motor and also go for ARP headstuds. As for the timing belt, water pump, and headstuds...do I use the one for the d16z6 applications? Cause, I heard the d15b is almost the same as the d16z6. Is this true? What psi have you guys boosted your d15b? You think 10-12 psi would be safe for this motor in stock? If you guys can share any more info or problems that I could possible face with this motor, that would be great. Thanks guys.
PARAZZI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2007, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

10 psi is too high...run half a bar until its built

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 ToneDx2049 is a name known to allToneDx2049 is a name known to allToneDx2049 is a name known to allToneDx2049 is a name known to allToneDx2049 is a name known to allToneDx2049 is a name known to allToneDx2049 is a name known to allToneDx2049 is a name known to allToneDx2049 is a name known to allToneDx2049 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ToneDx2049

it all depends on the turbo set up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
My civic needs that so it can sound like a Honda
so this guy was messing with me right so then i just had to tell him that i killed a noodle cause i keep it gangsta...yea he ran!!

ToneDx2049 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series WTF?!?!

Rep Power: 21 MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MiloReaper87 Send a message via Yahoo to MiloReaper87

Engine peformance always plays its part but everything is relied on ur tranny Boost levels could fuk it up if u dnt replace the gasket and throw in some head studs but to be honest i will built it up before throwin in some ARP thats just IMO
Check my photography

CAUTION: Remoer and myself may
on a verbal war
MiloReaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmann316 View Post
10 psi is too high...run half a bar until its built

Click...

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23408

Ran that setup for almost 40k miles.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

tuning will be the key... but you can run 10-12 if you have a good tuner and all the right parts...

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2007, 01:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Click...

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23408

Ran that setup for almost 40k miles.
nice numbers mang, i didnt know this motor has a lot of potential for power. before the swap...i am thinking to change my water pump and timing belt. i dont know what to tell the Honda dealership..since it is a jdm motor. do i ask for the z6 water pump/timing belt? also, i might throw in some ARP headstuds...do i use for the z6 applications as well? i would like to build the motor, but really i would like to just keep it stock. my turbo kit that i am putting on this motor is td04-15g, 450 cc injectors, intecooler, and 3" dp and exhaust. u think this motor can handle @ least 11-12 psi stock? thanks for the info mang.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
tuning will be the key... but you can run 10-12 if you have a good tuner and all the right parts...
i am gonna use crome, when i tune this. can you give me some of the right parts? i really wanna invest on some ARP headstuds, though i would just like to keep the motor stock. thanks man.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have a jdm d15b turbo,,,i run 9psi on it and it completely stock and i have no problems,,you dont have to change the water pump it up to you,,the arp headstuds is a good idea,,if you wanna run over 10 psi safely you can get some better rods,the headstuds and a better head gasket and tune it properly and you good
thugsbryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

imo id just go with a z6 or a zc vtec... but everything you need i believe you just get for a z6 motor... im running a boosted zc vtec in my 93 hatch... runs great, i love it

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAZZI View Post
i am gonna use crome, when i tune this. can you give me some of the right parts?
for a stock mild boost (10*-12*) set-up:

proper engine managment (crome/uber/aem..etc)
arp head studs
2 step cooler plugs
new or at least not a bad fuel filter/oil filter/tune-up/oil
at least a stg.1 clutch

complete the following prior to the install of the kit:
oil change
trans fluid change
new wires/cap/rotor

just my .02

Old 08-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 DougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunnaDougNuts is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

I'm pretty sure the water pump and timing belt you want is for a 93 Civic VX, not the one for the Z6 motor.
DougNuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougNuts View Post
I'm pretty sure the water pump and timing belt you want is for a 93 Civic VX, not the one for the Z6 motor.
JDM d15b vtec Honda Part Numbers (official!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
water pump:
kehin - 19200-P08-003
yamada - 19200-P08-004

oil pump:
15100-P01-003

timing belt:
06141-P08-305 (but i bet the VX belt works fine if it has the same # of teeth)
^reading is fundamental, its a sticky for a reason.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

I was boosting my stock Jdm D15b on 12psi tuned on hondata s300 for 8 months on 91 oct daily and everytime i drove it i was booting left and right. The only internal mod i had was arp heastuds. After 8 months i got tired of 12 pounds so i turned the knob on the boost controller knowing that this little sucker was going to give and the little bugger gave out, threw a rod and cracked the block at 14.4psi that was the last boost record that the profec b-spec showed. My buddy is running his stock Jdm D15b on 10 psi tuned on the s300 also since april without a problem the only internal mod he has are arp headstuds and the zex 59300 cam he made 225 hp and 195 tq on 9.8 psi. So 10 psi is something u could do without a problem just get a good EMS with a good tune and youll be fine.
1.5FighterSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 03:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Hi I have a JDM D15B which I Pumped 15psi on stock internals .All you gotta do is get your ECU Chipped,upgrade your stock fuel pump,Set yor Plug gap to about .020 and your on .for me i never encounted any problems and my engine ran very smothly.my best time with this engine on a 96 4Dr EK was 13.25
adesh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 03:30 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adesh View Post
Hi I have a JDM D15B which I Pumped 15psi on stock internals .All you gotta do is get your ECU Chipped,upgrade your stock fuel pump,Set yor Plug gap to about .020 and your on .for me i never encounted any problems and my engine ran very smothly.my best time with this engine on a 96 4Dr EK was 13.25
congrats mang, nice time 1/4 time. i already have a chipped ECU, bought a walboro fuel pump...just needs to installed and my plugs are 2 stage colder and set at that gap. i know you kept the internals stock..did you at least change your headgasket? invested on some arp headstuds? what program did you use for tuning? also, i really want to change the timing belt/water pump while the motor is out right now. which motor is equivalent for the d15b in means of changing the water pump/timing belt...the z6 or vx motor? thanks for the info man.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:47 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
JDM d15b vtec Honda Part Numbers (official!)^reading is fundamental, its a sticky for a reason.
thanks for that info mang. but you think if i just give these part numbers to a honda dealership they will have these parts in stock? or would they have to special order these parts? thanks mang.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

my d15b loves 7.5 psi. with no arps or nothing

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdewey58 View Post
my d15b loves 7.5 psi. with no arps or nothing
what turbo are you running on your d15b? what program did you use for tuning?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

whatever you do, you want a REALLY good tune to make sure nothing goes wrong
fronomo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in