Piston rings - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Piston rings

Hi
Maybe it will sound stupid but i have to ask.
If i put vitara pistons wich rings do i put honda or vitara
Mecanikfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 26 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to builthatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecanikfreak View Post
Hi
Maybe it will sound stupid but i have to ask.
If i put vitara pistons wich rings do i put honda or vitara
i'd say either/or. i like OE honda rings. i believe the vitaras usually come with hastings, which are fine. i imagine the grooves and dimensions of the rings and their lands are identical, someone know for sure?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

They come with hastings rings. But for future reference: whatever piston you use determines the ring set you use.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
i'd say either/or. i like OE honda rings. i believe the vitaras usually come with hastings, which are fine. i imagine the grooves and dimensions of the rings and their lands are identical, someone know for sure?
The ring thickness is different depending on the piston (found this out the hard way).
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 12 reviews

if you use the vitara pistons on a honda block use the honda piston rings. i believe thats how fjt supplies them
G U E C O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
fjt
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 fjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 44 reviews

Well i used Honda spec rings(Hastings) in my build and i sell them with Honda sepc rings..Except for the 75.5mm pistons that i sell them with Suzuki spec rings cause my supplier dont have Honda .020 rings.

So you can use either Honda rings or Suzuki rings.

If you need them let me know.
fjt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G U E C O View Post
if you use the vitara pistons on a honda block use the honda piston rings. i believe thats how fjt supplies them
I sure hope he doesn't supply them this way. The rings should be matched to the piston. The block they're going in doesn't matter.

For more info reference:

http://www.hastingsmfg.com/Catalog/master.asp

Hastings master catalog gives individual top, bottom, and oil control ring thickness for many different makes, models, and engines.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by mindless; 08-10-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by mindless; 08-10-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Triple posts suck
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by mindless; 08-10-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AllMotorDPower

triple post OH NO:shocked:
AllMotorDPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
fjt
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 fjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eagle

Well i used Honda spec rings(Hastings) in my build and i sell them with Honda sepc rings..Except for the 75.5mm pistons that i sell them with Suzuki spec rings cause my supplier dont have Honda .020 rings.

So you can use either Honda rings or Suzuki rings.

If you need them let me know.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Slowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

triple post ftl!
OEM Main bearings
RC Autoworks ramhorn
T3 .42/.48
Precision 780's
Delta 272-2
Supertech valve springs
ARP Headstuds
Street tuned on a s300 by eee-jay-ate
Old tune: 240whp/204tq
Slowhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
fjt
D-series post SLUT

lol..somethings wrong with the board.. i tried to post several times and it didnt let me...no i find 2-3 post.. sory about that
Old 08-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AllMotorDPower

i know its cool im just messing with u guys
AllMotorDPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in