Honda D Series Forum banner

turbo oil pressure

809 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  konigcivic 
#1 ·
what kind of oil pressure should be run? i had a problem with my last turbo, it was only installed for 10 hours cause of seals leaking.. its a 14b turbo and i was wondering if i should run a restrictor. im sure my problem was the turbo having bad seals but i dont want it to happen after i send it to get rebuilt.. i was thinking of putting a nitrous jet in the -3an line i have like a .042 jet or something a little bigger.. my banjo fitting on the turbo has a small ass hole in it i guess thats the restrictor. whats a good oil pressure? 30-40 psi? higher or lower? the main thing is i just dont want any problems when i go to install it again!!!! any tips would be great..

thanks

#6 ·
i had a -3an feed line and a -12an drain line.. thanks for your replys guys.. i guess when i get it back from rebuild ill put a needle valve there and a gauge and set it to 25 or so psi.. im going to ask the rebuild place just to make sure on the pressure, so i dont mess up this turbo..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.