Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I know it might be SSAC's bro... but....

5K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  boosted94lx 
#1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Civi...tegoryZ33742QQihZ019QQitemZ290052654496QQrdZ1

It seems like a pretty fair price for all of what you get..... $380 for piping, BOV, WG, MANI

All I would need is injectors, DP and a snail to be on the move....

I know the mani looks like an SSAC cracker, but what's your opinion?

I don't think the deal with the $700 JRSC locally is gonna go through... there was a guy in line just be4 me....

#4 ·
It doesn't look bad for what it is. Just be sure to brace the mani and I think you should be fine.

#6 ·
i bought the jdm sport piping intercooler and greddy type rs bov for 250 on ebay. all looks like quality shit to me. fuck the manifolds tho. i braced mine and i still dont trust it. but hell i got it for free.

#17 · (Edited)
i bought the jdm sport piping intercooler and greddy type rs bov for 250 on ebay. all looks like quality shit to me.
what exactly makes the piping jdm? ha ha i love fake ssac shit

ive always hated the placement of the wg flange on ssac manifolds... the way i mount my turbo, it puts the flange on the compressor side... one of the reasons i went with a internal wg setup, and just blocked the flange.

#9 ·
well actually dude, my whole entire kit is SSAC and to tell you the truth, i wouldnt trade the shit for anything, it's very simple though, some of their manifolds are crappy but then again, a bad weld can happen with any brand, but for some reason people have been through some tough times with SSAC the most. Ive had my kit on my car and my previous civic for over 2 1/2 years now and not once has the manifold cracked or anything leacked for that matter. and the whole entire turbo setup cost sm 600.00 shipped and i do mean the whole entire setup, lines, fitting,s intercooler the works. I rock the SSAC, I know of about 40 people personally that do, but it's whatever man, you make the choice bro, not us, if I was in your shoes though, I wouldnt buy it for the simple fact, if you save up a little more money, you can probably buy yourself a full kit for next to nothing, SSAC is probably the best bang for you buck in the end, but the choice is yours man.

~Big Reim

#10 ·
I was planning on welding on braces myself....

I mean... everything looks like it should work good.... the pictured mani looks better than a OBX just because the bolt holes are in the correct position.... thick flanges, etc...

I don't have A/C, so that aint a problem...

Thanks for the input....

but I was asking because this is a smashing deal for piping, mani, WG BOV.... which seperate would be a grip.

#22 ·
ive had 2 ssac manis... im on my 3rd warrenty replacement because of cracks...
the first mani was cracked so bad by the time i took it off, the pipe for the #1 & 2 cyls was cracked all the way around, and the merger was cracked where the pipes connect.

#24 ·
I wouldn't trust the mani; i've heard pretty good things about those exteral WG's tho... everything else should be fine, but that not THAT great of a price, keep looking around.... also; its hit or miss on eBay BOV's, i rememoved one of springs in my eGay greddy type-rs, but it whistles at light throttle, and its starting to get annoying.... I got my IC pipes, FMIC, couplers, hose clamps (not t-bolt), and knock off BOV for $150...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.