Turbo setup feedback - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Turbo setup feedback

Last spring I threw a turbo kit on my stock z6 just for the heck of it and ran a 14.5 going 79 mph because my pipings wouldnt hold. I then decided I would just rip it all out for the winter and do a build. Here is my budget build spec sheet.

Engine upgrades
ARP Headstuds
255 Walbro Fuel Pump
450 DSM injectors
OEM Gasket set
Suzuki Pistons
Tuner Toys H-beam Rods
KMS Block Guard(please no bad feedback)
King Main and Rod Bearings
Engine will be balanced

Turbo Kit
t3/t4 48, 57
FMIC setup

UBERDATA CHIPPED p28

I maybe missing a few parts that I have already bought but this is most of what I have.

How much boost do you guys think I can do? I did 9 psi on my stocker last year and it held fine.

You guys think I can handle 15-18 PSI? I am thinking its pushing it a bit but I will be doing some major tuning before it goes out to the track.

Power wise, hoping to get 250 HP out of this.

Any feedback is welcomed. No trash talking please.

Last edited by vang; 02-24-2006 at 03:15 PM.
vang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

i don't think vitara pistons are meant to handle high cylinder pressures, but as always, tuning will be the key.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
i don't think vitara pistons are meant to handle high cylinder pressures, but as always, tuning will be the key.
I agree there are better pistons out there....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2006, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
fjt is pushing the high teens in boost and nearly 300hp on his

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, vitaras arent the best, just trying to push them vitaras and see what they really are capable of. Tuning will be taken real serious.

Ryan89crx-->rods from the group buy should be going out next week. Just got the heads up from Tuner Toys.
vang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vang
Ryan89crx-->rods from the group buy should be going out next week. Just got the heads up from Tuner Toys.
sweet!! cant wait to see them in my hands

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 02-24-2006, 02:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 csaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I have seen Vitaras run up to 21 psi. Its all in the tuning. I wouldn't suggest running over 18 psi with them on larger turbo but it came be done. The lower compression from using them is also helping you to run higher boost.

owns you.
csaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 06:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaddict
I have seen Vitaras run up to 21 psi. Its all in the tuning. I wouldn't suggest running over 18 psi with them on larger turbo but it came be done. The lower compression from using them is also helping you to run higher boost.
^^^
Im going to be running about 15 or so on my vitara's on whatever turbo I go w/..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 09:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 1st racerette is learning the way of the D1st racerette is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

You should use hondata for the tuning not uberdata.. Last season at the track I met 8 people who used it and they all blew their motor with in a month.. Just my 2 cents... good luck though..
1st racerette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 09:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st racerette
You should use hondata for the tuning not uberdata.. Last season at the track I met 8 people who used it and they all blew their motor with in a month.. Just my 2 cents... good luck though..
those people aren't to smart. just my 2 cents
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 09:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthehell1051
those people aren't to smart. just my 2 cents
i agree...

my $100 dollars
Old 02-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat

Okay, new rule. If you use psi to make some sort of connection to power I come over your house and fuck your girlfriend/wife. Deal?

Post some goals. If running lots of intake manifold pressure is your goal, I suggest a dinky turbo with a high PR rating. That way you can run 30psi and not blow the engine up.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 01:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
oh come on...

blowing your motor has nothing to do with what program you run, its all in the tune. if a novice goes and half-asses his tune with Hondata it will still blow just as easy as with any freeware program. saying that Hondata is the reason that motors DONT blow is just plain ignorance...

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 02-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

HAHA... I know this post is useless, but I just had to comment on the
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
oh come on...
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 csaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
One of the most retarded posts I have seen in a while. Good job.:tool:

owns you.
csaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
oh come on...

blowing your motor has nothing to do with what program you run, its all in the tune. if a novice goes and half-asses his tune with Hondata it will still blow just as easy as with any freeware program. saying that Hondata is the reason that motors DONT blow is just plain ignorance...
I agree.

Hondata is for people who cant tune their own car and need to pay people to do it for them.

Not me though. I used uberdata for a while and it worked fine for me. Compression is 180 across the board bitches.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in