NO boost? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Reckone
Default NO boost?

Driving my hatch today and noticed the BOV wasen't working. This is only the 2nd time I drove since putting a t3 on it. Could it be because theres not much boost running? wastegate has a 5.83psi spring in it, but it has a FMIC so maybe running to low boost to notice the BOV. The boost guage is in the vac line for the BOV also. It shows no boost on it. What can I do to make everything work? the next sring I have is a 14psi one. I want to run about 7-8psi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2006, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

BOV works off vacuum, so it should open no matter what when you come out of boost. if your gauge is not reading boost and your bov isnt working, my guess is you arent building boost. check all your piping for loose couplers or a leak somewhere

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

All the couplers are tight, I thought it was building boost beacuse the charge pipe that connected the IM popped off a few times under boost. But the guage made me think about it. Where could I splice the guage in to read bioost better? Would the bov normally open at about 5psi?

Old 02-22-2006, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckone
All the couplers are tight, I thought it was building boost beacuse the charge pipe that connected the IM popped off a few times under boost. But the guage made me think about it. Where could I splice the guage in to read bioost better? Would the bov normally open at about 5psi?
run your vac lines for the bov and gauge to 2 seperate connections. i run my bov and gauge to the 2 vac ports on the back of the IM.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 02-22-2006, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Gotcha, I was thinking of doing that too. Should I run my wastegate from the compressor? Right now its off the FPR with the fmu.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

i run my WG off the fpr line, gives me an extra .5-1 psi from the compressor housing

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 02-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cee_mon

Does your boost gauge have vaccum on it to? If so what is your reading at idle. If you were blowing off your piping your were building boost at that time. If you cant make any boost, its mostly likely your piping has a leak.
If you wanna know how to make a boosted piping tester to check for leaks message me.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2006, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 SleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SleepingCRX88

i had a problem where i was not boosting awhile back....i checked and checked and one day when i was working on my car i changed my cat and then it started working....try hollowing it out of sumthin and see if that works for u....

<<< Share the rep
SleepingCRX88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingCRX88
i had a problem where i was not boosting awhile back....i checked and checked and one day when i was working on my car i changed my cat and then it started working....try hollowing it out of sumthin and see if that works for u....
Yea the cat has been hollowed out for a year now since I put a 2.5" catback on the car. I will be checking it for leaks tomorrow. Is there any where I can get a Vac diagram for a d16 online? I can't seem to find anything on the vac system.

The boost guage reads at 0 when at idle. I was thinking of useing some soap and water on the IC piping to see if it leaks. Then check vac hoses uses carb cleaner.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

0 at idle......that gauge is messed up
Old 02-22-2006, 07:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Thats what I thought. It was reading about -10 at a point in time at idle.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

A healthy motor should be reading 20 at idle.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 02:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Would it matter if there is a head spacer between the head and block? I got the car to boost to 6psi according to the guage. I hooked the bov and wastegate to the brake booster. The bov opens when I hit 3rd gear. I keep getting a code 3 for the MAP though. I already have 4 check valves between the MAP and TB.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

long as you dont get compressor surge its all good

X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

The car wants to die for some reason when the rpms drop. Is this because of the map?
Old 02-23-2006, 04:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cee_mon

Vaccum leak prolly. Gauge should read -15 , -20 at idle. You being at 0 mean no vaccum at all. So maybe the line going to your gauge isnt connected at the motor somewhere. Does your car rev on its own at idle?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

BTW, the BOV opens when it sees vaccuum, not boost. It is connected to the intake manifold so when you close the throttle, the BOV opens to bleed all the excess boost out from the charge pipes.

It's the wastegate that opens when it sees a certain amount of boost.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 04:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yea I know. Theres no vacuum when the throttle is open only when it is closed.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
00exinfla

you most likely didnt hook up the vacuum lines correctly
Old 02-24-2006, 05:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckone
Yea I know. Theres no vacuum when the throttle is open only when it is closed.
yes there is, there is only no vacuum when the throttle plate is completely open. it can be open partially and still have vacuum

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in