how to check a fuel injector is working? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2006, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default how to check a fuel injector is working?

like the title says, how can you tell an injector is good when it is already out of the car?
quest4boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

send it to rc for a balance and flow test.... and they can tell you if it is or not.....other than that i have no clue....safely that is....

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2006, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

sending it to rc is not an option, the scenario im thinking is that you are in a junk yard hunting for injectors or youre checking em out on some guy's driveway

can you pass a current through the injector to see if it works? or will running them dry kill them?
quest4boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2006, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
krwtek1

I know that this may not be the safest way to test injectors but it is a failproof method.

Pull the injectors out of the rail and put them each in a dixi cup, Since a fuel injector should prime the cylinder when the key is cycled to the on position I would flip the ignition key from off to on and then check the dixi cups for fuel. If a cup has no fuel in it then the injector did not fire. This doesnt mean that the injector is bad this only means that there is a fault in that fuel supply some where. It could be a clogged port or a bad signal to the injector.

If the injector does not fire on a certain cylinder then try to swap injectors with another cylinder to see if the problem follows the injector or the certain cylinder.

Im sure that this make sense.

Ken
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

I think you could try to open them with 12V... just make sure you get the polarity correct or else it will seem like its broken.

but yeah, you should hear it click with 12V applied. From my understanding they are just solenoids.

now, if they are clogged, that's a different story. you won't know until you try to use them. But they can be cleaned...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in