Pistons - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2006, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Foolery

Rep Power: 15 TAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TAGs95CivicEX Send a message via MSN to TAGs95CivicEX Send a message via Skype™ to TAGs95CivicEX
Question Pistons

What's up ladies and gents, I'm in the middle of building my engine and have come across a few problems. The major hold back now would be the pistons. The ones in my engine are worn out, I would prefer to stay at stock compression I think, but I don't know about the qaulity of aftermarker pistons. I would like to go .010 or .020 over bore.

Stock honda replacements are 75 Canadian a piece, but for that money I may as well buy aftermarket ones that will stand up to boost better right? Also I have the Greddy kit coming for my car and was wondering how changing my compression will affect this. Can I up my boost with the Greddy Blue Box or is that asking for trouble. I will not be putting a proper tune on this car till next year. So my questions are

Where should I buy pistons from?
Should I put rods in while I'm at it?
If so where should i buy the rods?
Can I Up Compression without ruining the engine?
Or should I lower my compression?
Or should I just sit back and cry because I can't afford this build?

-TAG
God Made Shit, Chevrolet Just Put Wheels On It
TAGs95CivicEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

honestly if you are boosting and rebuilding your engine as well, id just go forged internals. get a set of Tuner Toys rods, might want to contact them and see if they will ship to Canada. im sure they will, they are really nice people to work with.
second, get a set of 9:1 Forged pistons. it isnt dropping your compression much, so i dont think that you will notice lack of bottom end. if you are worried about it, compensate with a thinner cometic head gasket to bump it up a little bit. as for pistons, the best place i have found to buy them is through www.jegs.com look for the SRP pistons. they are $344 before shipping and without rings. i havent found anyone even close to that price ANYWHERE!! here is a link http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegoryId=24481 and they have a flat rate of $10 shipping at least in the US. contact them about shipping costs as well. you can get Hastings rings for about $50 shipped so that still leaves you under $400 for your pistons

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2006, 05:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Foolery

Rep Power: 15 TAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to TAGs95CivicEX Send a message via MSN to TAGs95CivicEX Send a message via Skype™ to TAGs95CivicEX
Default Can I

Can I run the 10.5:1 pistons, and not run into trouble with the blue box and stock rods, or is that not a good idea?

-TAG

Old 02-20-2006, 06:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Without a tune, I wouldn't go 10.5. No tune + 10.5CR = not enough fuel = bang.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2006, 06:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

^^+1
for forced induction, i wouldnt go over 9.5:1, and even with that i would ONLY trust a standalone management(TE, Uber, Crome, etc.)

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 02-20-2006, 07:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tom Foolery

Default Yeah

kinda what I was thinking too, 9.1 :1 it is. What about them Vitara's will dropping my compression down to 8.5:1 make a major difference in power since I"m only running a small turbo?

-TAG
Old 02-20-2006, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

We will ship to Canada via Fedex, including Connecting Rods.

D-Series H-Beam rods at TT

Also, we are building an A6/Y8/Vitara/MiniMe motor right now. CR ends up at more like 8.25:1 with the Vitaras. This is getting very low, almost to the point where off-boost HP number will be down from where they could be.

You can use some of the online calculators to check the CR if you want to research this more. Here is a good one - Zeal CR Calculator He even has Vitara's listed in the choices.

Craig
TunerToys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2006, 05:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
fjt
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 fjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 44 reviews

But if he has a Z6 motor(asuming it by his user name) then the Vitaras will be in the 8.5:1 and if he uses a Y8 2 layer HG it will be up around 8.7:1..
fjt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2006, 06:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjt
But if he has a Z6 motor(asuming it by his user name) then the Vitaras will be in the 8.5:1 and if he uses a Y8 2 layer HG it will be up around 8.7:1..
or a thinner cometic should be about 8.9:1

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 02-21-2006, 07:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerToys
We will ship to Canada via Fedex, including Connecting Rods.

D-Series H-Beam rods at TT

Also, we are building an A6/Y8/Vitara/MiniMe motor right now. CR ends up at more like 8.25:1 with the Vitaras. This is getting very low, almost to the point where off-boost HP number will be down from where they could be.

You can use some of the online calculators to check the CR if you want to research this more. Here is a good one - Zeal CR Calculator He even has Vitara's listed in the choices.

Craig
Is that sight correct on its pistons calculations?? Because SOlblu's Comp calc shows "Vitaras" @ -12cc and 30mm compression height as where Zealautoworks shows -8cc and 28mm compression height which is a big difference.. Can someone tell which is right of 2 if any?? Because I need to get a accurate reading for comp. But being diff #'s its hard to tell
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in