Turbo D16z6 question? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2006, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Marinogdenbsx

Default Turbo D16z6 question?

Right

I had bought alot of products to give my D16Z6 engine a boost in HP and keep it N/A i added

D16a6 pistons to increase compression
Lightweight flywheel
Megan Racing manifold
Ported throttle body,intake manifold and head
Stage 5 valve job
Racing valves skunk 2
Valve seats refaced
Uprated distribuor and alternator
Zex camshaft high lift
Skunk 2 cam gear
Hondata tuning

Now i have found out this isn't enough!!!

I am wanting to go turbo,is it okay to still use camshaft??I know i would need uprated fuel pump,injectors,etc etc

But what wwould i need to get rid of,i am thinking i would need to get lower compression ,forged pistons,and use colder plugs?

Any suggestions on turbo to use and more importantly cost?

Money isn't really important as i work for everything i NEED (notice i didn't say wqant ),is it possible to put this on myself??If i did i would get it fitted in my workshop then take it to a local dyno tuner and get the boost option on my Hondata ecu and get it set up right

Look forward to evreyones replys

Thanks D series

Chris

Last edited by Marinogdenbsx; 02-19-2006 at 10:16 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

umm if you put in the pistons and other stuff in your car then a turbo install will be a breeze. But if i was you i would install some nitrous. You have like a pretty set-up for that. But yea list the zex camshaft number you have from the website. Turbo set-ups are liek $1000. depending on the quality your looking for and deal you might get. you could get a greddy bolt on kit which is 1200 and comes with everything but an intercooler. And the install isn't to hard besides getting the oil pan welded.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Marinogdenbsx

well i want the best i can get,can spend up to 3k on turbo kit all in?

Old 02-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Marinogdenbsx

nitrous won't get me as big gains and is easily used up
Old 02-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinogdenbsx
nitrous won't get me as big gains and is easily used up
it is used up true easily but 150 shot lol that will get you 150 hp gain lol.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Marinogdenbsx

for a few seconds yeah,i want it to be permanent
Old 02-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

ccfab ramhorn and a sc-44 and a jrc intercooler and tune with neptune

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2006, 10:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

oh i guess your not a track racer. umm yea you can put a turbo kit together. With 3000 you can put together a real nice kit. like a t3/t4 turbo with a nice manifold and still be able to build that block for low compression. With forged internals so you can boost like 15 psi.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Marinogdenbsx

i don't want major boost,i mean 10 is fine for me,what sort of gains could i expect??

Any breakages likely

Any links to products

Cheers guys
Old 02-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

well with those piston i would be unsure about 10 psi. stock pistons could take that if you tune it right. but i would step on it constantly. Homemadeturbo.com read alot if your no to familiar with the turbo concept.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Marinogdenbsx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D16-D...38370386QQrdZ1
Old 02-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

that would work but be leary of the manifold on it

Old 02-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Marinogdenbsx

i know someone who makes custom made turbo manifolds so using that isn't a problem,with the kit i listed earlier what else would i need to get?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:33 AM   #15 (permalink)

intercooler piping, various lil pieces, exhaust dp, wg dump tube, and some sort of engine manegement

Old 02-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Marinogdenbsx

various lil pieces,care to elaborate?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:37 AM   #17 (permalink)

vac tubing, tees, oil lines, taps for the oil pan, lil things...but needed things read up on the parts list at www.homemadeturbo.com it'll clue you in

Old 02-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Marinogdenbsx

cool,thanks bud

I will use Hondata tuning,so how much in total cost you wreckon??1500 dolalrs all in including smaller items you listed?
Old 02-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #19 (permalink)

give or take you can have a decent build for around 1500

Old 02-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Marinogdenbsx

cool,sounds pretty good,well i will keep reading up on it,if anyone has any links to offer or any advice feel free to add it,i will check this post regularly

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in