worth it?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2006, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default worth it??

hey guys, I am going to get a custom exhaust setup from kteller.com the 2.5 IN D/P, 2.5 Inch catback and the 14" resonator from them, but here is my question, should I get Stainless Steel for an extra 70 bucks or just get the Alum. Steel....??? I mean they say the alum. steel will last 5-10 before any wear happens.... should I just save the 70 bucks and put that towards injectors and just get the alum steel???? let me know what cha think.....thanks Paul
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2006, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

MN --> rain/snow go for the Stainless Steel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2006, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to civic97

yup get the stainless steal.

FUCK THIEVES
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

COD: KING!!!
civic97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2006, 12:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

honestly id just go with the aluminized steel. stainless is harder to weld, and i dont see it making that big of a difference in the long run anyways. chances are the exhaust will last longer than you will own the car anyways

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2006, 03:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 csaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

If it matters, I bought the stainless. No rust. ever.

owns you.
csaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2006, 06:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
honestly id just go with the aluminized steel. stainless is harder to weld, and i dont see it making that big of a difference in the long run anyways. chances are the exhaust will last longer than you will own the car anyways
yea my last exhaust on my last car the alum steel and I had it on there for 3 years and it looked new even after 3 winters..... its a 70 dollar difference(total with the d/p and the catback)..... so we'll see.......
Old 02-19-2006, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

ok I decided to do this, 2.5 in stainless DP, 2.5 in Carsound cat, and the 2.5 in catback..... I think that should work nice for the 6-8 lbs of boost..... also is that going to be loud??? too loud without a resonator???
Old 02-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Id go aluminized and spray paint the thing. If you still have the car by the time it seriously rusts you are a complete loser in life.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2006, 07:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up

2.5 should be perfect for the psi you are planning on running, but bigger never hurts....
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwig
Id go aluminized and spray paint the thing. If you still have the car by the time it seriously rusts you are a complete loser in life.
HAHAH thanks for your inspirational [email protected] j/k
Old 02-19-2006, 10:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

do u think I could run 2.5 inch catback right now, I wanted to get his on b4 the turbo, so I can get it fit right to my type-r rear lip..... I think it would be fine.....
Old 02-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigfoot smells like Boratbigfoot smells like Boratbigfoot smells like Boratbigfoot smells like Boratbigfoot smells like Boratbigfoot smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

i dont see why not, i would then you can see if the down pipe matches up... thats what i did!
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2006, 03:59 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 blur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohc Wrath
2.5 should be perfect for the psi you are planning on running, but bigger never hurts....
Erm.. I think they do.. hahaha..

But 2.5 will be just perfect..
blur_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in