Need opinions about my exhaust - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which exhaust?
Say with the world sport, it should be fine for 200whp 8 57.14%
Get the Kteller and make it fit, 3" all the way! 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default Need opinions about my exhaust

I have an Apexi world sport on my car right now, it is a sweet exhaust, sounds stock at idle and a nice low non-rice rumble at WOT. The problem is its only 60mm, has a resonator and a 'NA street muffler'. Should I get say a Kteller 3 inch and have an extension made to fit my edelbrock downpipe? (This is in an EK hatch, kteller only makes catbacks for ek coupes/sedans, the apex bolts right up to the edelbrock downpipe and eliminated the cat) Am I loosing a significant amount of power from the exhaust? I get 6lbs by 3000 or so rpm, and once the boost leaks are out of it and I get it on a dyno I should make good power, but I dont want to spend the $$ for a dyno tune just to switch exhausts and have to do it again.

Edelbrock turbo'd y7/y8 Mini-me @ 9psi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
SpoolinSingleCam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2006, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

stay with the world sport
Old 02-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Synth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebodySynth is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I think you would be fine. What size downpipe are you rocking? A TON of guys are just running 2.5" exhausts without issues. I think you are just over thinking everything. Heck, there are plenty of dual cams running 2.5" with a large turbo, so no worries.
Synth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2006, 06:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

3inches jus because

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

only time i say that buying a 3 in exhaust is good is if your looking for big power or you still have the stock exhaust
since you already have the ws just keep that

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 sleeperhatch91 smells like Boratsleeperhatch91 smells like Boratsleeperhatch91 smells like Boratsleeperhatch91 smells like Boratsleeperhatch91 smells like Boratsleeperhatch91 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleeperhatch91

You certainly will not need a 3inch exhaust. According to Corky Bell in his book, the benefits of a 3 inch exhaust may not be seen until upwards of 400 whp.

91 EF STD Hatch
vitara/scat z6
57 trim T3/T04e
In progress

Tuner Toys

Xenocron

FJT

Exospeed Racing

sleeperhatch91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in