Blockguard/Block fill/Block Post? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
decev

Default Blockguard/Block fill/Block Post?

I'm picking up an A6 block tomorrow to begin my a mild turbo build and want to do one of those three. All relatively the same price and after reading seem to be pretty easy. Here's my questions.

What kind of welding is required for the gaurd, mig or tig? Some people tap'em in. That makes me nervous.

Do all, or just the fill, need to be cured at running temp?

Off topic, sorta, is there anything inherintly bad with boosting an a6 block?

I'm sure I'll have more soon, Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2006, 03:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
decev

Bizzump
Old 02-16-2006, 06:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

What are your HP goals. If its less than 250 I'd just leave it alone.

I dont like blockguards personally. Posting or block filling would be the way I'd go.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2006, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

www.homemadeturbo.com

NIce writeup over there about filling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

the sticky at the top of this forum is a nice writeup too!
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Turblow

Why are blockguards bad? i dont get why people hate them
Old 02-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Blockguards aren't bad. It all depends on which one you use and how it is installed. People usually go by hear say. The blockguard from golden eagle is really good design. It still allow good coolant flow. Just my .02 cents
rainman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman
Blockguards aren't bad. It all depends on which one you use and how it is installed.
the reason that they have a bad reputation is because of them not being installed corretly. 90% of the time, failures are due to user error with ANY aftermarket part

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
decev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
90% of the time, failures are due to user error with ANY aftermarket part
This is what I've been finding about the gaurds. People with them in there right seem to love'em. So I'll ask again, what type of welding needs to be done to secure the block gaurd? Think I'm leaning towards the posts though.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
decev

No I'm going the fill route. Now, is there somewhere local I might be able to get the devcon? Maybe not a nation retailer but maybe a local type of shop.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
dohdoh420

I actually just called JG Engine dynamincs (builders of race engines) today and they said useing their block gaurd to just press it in 1/4"/as far as it goes and not to weld at all and that it just makes it worse. I will be using a JG block gaurd and running 22lbs.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
decev

^That doesn't sound bad. What's the price you got from'em shipped?
Old 02-17-2006, 07:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
dohdoh420

they want $90 shipped I belive.. but I got mine for $30 shipped!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 7 reviews

you don't need to weld the block guard it should be a nice fit. I'll be running a golden eagle block guard from tuner toys in a daily [email protected] we'll see how everything turns out.
red_hatchback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
decev

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohdoh420
they want $90 shipped I belive.. but I got mine for $30 shipped!!!

Hook it up. How'd ya do that? New but second hand or what? That's a steal, let me know if I can get one too.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
decev

Eh, dohdoh420 you know Greg Eberly or Jason Hudalla?
Old 02-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
dohdoh420

Quote:
Originally Posted by decev
Eh, dohdoh420 you know Greg Eberly or Jason Hudalla?
Nope dont know them... but yeah, the guy had it in his room for 1 year just sitting there, so I offered $30 shipped. if I could hook ya up I would, I wish I could help ya out and give another d series brotha a good deal , sorry.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
decev

Figured it was one of those sittin' around my room type deals. Glad you don't know those guys. They scammed $400 for a turbo outta me. How long of a drive is it to minnesota from cali anyways?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in