Need help on JRSC - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2006, 03:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 KScivic is learning the way of the DKScivic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to KScivic
Default Need help on JRSC

Ok, I'm seriously looking into buying one, but I definately need to learn about them quick. If anyone knows good links they could post I'd appreciate it. I'm no newb, but when it comes to the JRSC on the D-series I am...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KScivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

Go to honda tech in the Forced Induction section there is a +90 page discussion on them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 KScivic is learning the way of the DKScivic is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb91
Go to honda tech in the Forced Induction section there is a +90 page discussion on them.
Never did see it, maybe I'm blind???

I did see a few F/S threads though, helps in the search...

Maybe you, if you're not busy, could hook me up with a link to it...

Old 02-13-2006, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 CivicY8 is learning the way of the DCivicY8 is learning the way of the D

find ppl that have them installed on here like me. GOt ?'s ask.. most of here can answer or help you with it. U need info on. power, install, places to buy, ??
CivicY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 03:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Yeah, I just didn't want to seem like a newb. Most times with the beginner questions that I have, people just tell you to search, which I have been. Its just that a week ago I knew 0 about supercharging the D, now I want to buy one...

Thanks for the help man, I'll be in touch with you when I have more time to post, off to work for the day...

Old 02-13-2006, 05:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

If you have any ?'s ask away, I ran one for 4 years before I swapped to turbo in December.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecduck
If you have any ?'s ask away, I ran one for 4 years before I swapped to turbo in December.
Thanks man, I need to be schooled in Supercharging 101. I know it won't give me outrageous gains in power, but I've read a few places saying that I'll go from 85fwhp to at least 140fwhp with it. I'm not looking to build an all out race car, I had originally planned on doing a LX/VTEC (mini-me) swap, but hell that costs around $500-$600 if you do it right, and still you'll be running around 110fwhp I've read, and for around $300-$400 more, you can get around 140fwhp. Wish I had more time right now, lunch break owns me...

Old 02-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I hear ya man, I'm not even supposed to be online while I'm at work.
If you want later when I get home I'll post my dyno sheet so you can see how mine did. I was running 8psi, with 2.25" exhaust, dc 4-2-1 header and the jackson short ram intake. I was using a vafc and fmu for fuel management. I could've done better with a chipped ecu for fuel management and injectors.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:

Old 02-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecduck
I hear ya man, I'm not even supposed to be online while I'm at work.
If you want later when I get home I'll post my dyno sheet so you can see how mine did. I was running 8psi, with 2.25" exhaust, dc 4-2-1 header and the jackson short ram intake. I was using a vafc and fmu for fuel management. I could've done better with a chipped ecu for fuel management and injectors.
You were running it on a Z6? I'll be running on a B7, non-VTEC for life!

Anyways I'd like to run the S-AFC myself, I know nothing about the FMU...

Old 02-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KScivic
You were running it on a Z6? I'll be running on a B7, non-VTEC for life!

Anyways I'd like to run the S-AFC myself, I know nothing about the FMU...
yeah it was on a z6, the fmu is what ups your fuel pressure under boost. If the kit you get is anything like mine was, you'll get the fmu and a relay that hooks up to a boost pressure swith on the manifold. At one psi, the relay fools the ecu into running rich to help out with the fuel supply. When I had mine tuned they actually had to cut fuel down at almost all rpms to get my a/f somewhat normal. The fuel management that came with the jackson had me running so rich that my car wouldn't idle right.
Quote:

Old 02-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody

The FMU was very bad on my setup felt like I had turbo lag all of a sudden it would dump a sh!t load of fuel in and then lean out at the top end on 8 psi. I now use a chipped ECU which is by far the better setup. You have more power down low because you can use factory or better timing and no surge of fuel. Also you can safely up the boost. Within reason.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 17 Jaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the communityJaker  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by KScivic
Never did see it, maybe I'm blind???

I did see a few F/S threads though, helps in the search...

Maybe you, if you're not busy, could hook me up with a link to it...
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1214810&page=1

You'll love the daily driveability. Make sure you get some good tuning and decent exhaust. I would go with some 450cc injectors and Crome or Uberdata. Buy yourself a wideband O2 sensor setup, and you'll be good for some decent tuning.
Jaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaker
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1214810&page=1

You'll love the daily driveability. Make sure you get some good tuning and decent exhaust. I would go with some 450cc injectors and Crome or Uberdata. Buy yourself a wideband O2 sensor setup, and you'll be good for some decent tuning.
The plan would be:

4-2-1 header (DC probably), Skunk2 test pipe, RS*R cat-back, intake of some sort (K&N or AEM), D16Z6/D16Y8 tranny, Fidanza clutch, Centerforce clutch, MLS or copper head gasket, ARP head studs, and the JRSC. Injectors would be nice, I haven't read up on them much yet.

One of the kits I am looking at doesn't come with the FMU, so would getting an S-AFC be sufficient/take the place of the FMU? I would like to go with a chipped ECU, but I'm really just wanting a budget build for mild power. Wideband would be sweet, but I have no desire for it. I want a basic build-up, that will still be dependable, not too hard on my motor (227k), and run no higher than 8psi daily. Damn I know most of this is newb stuff, but when it comes to this subject, I am a newb, so bear with me...

Old 02-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I have a whole maybe $30 in my chipped ecu.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
boosted_EF

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb91
I have a whole maybe $30 in my chipped ecu.
Chipped ecus are also much more relaible then a fmu or something like that
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 10:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

i'm sorry to jump in but is an aftercooler really necessary? if so what's better a air to air or a water to air?
ixiblindixi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 nation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nation of kong

Jackson says that an Intercooler isn't needed at this boost level...when you get higher up I would get one though. An air-to-air is going to alot more simple and readily available than an air-to-water so stick to air-to-air IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway
"i blew my arm off..... rotory style"
My EJ8:

nation of kong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
TypeSH

Keeping it at stock boost levels will it survive road racing events (circuit racing not street racing)?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 CivicY8 is learning the way of the DCivicY8 is learning the way of the D

I would think so. I have mine running stock 6 and it handles just fine for regular driving, then racing my buddies, then driving 70 miles away at 110 to get there fast. car never even got up to half way on the themostat. Also upgrade it while your installing this. I did and i can see it stayin somewhat cooler.
CivicY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in