AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 07:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
b1ackc1v1c

Default AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator...

Hey whats up guys...first of all great site and need the help.

Well, I had a CEL code 45 (runing too rich too lean) a month ago...took it to a shop and they installed an aftermarket fpr w/ gauge and set it to 50 psi. Last night I was driving home and got a code and checked it this morning. It was the same one (code 45). So should I try adjusting the fpr OR go other means of fixing this problem...tia.

Set-Up:
Greddy turbo bolt-on kit w/ FMIC (stock boost)
Greddy Blue Box
DOHC fuel pump
Stock injectors
NGK spark plugs
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2006, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
zseeanz

I doubt that's a fuel pressure problem. Probably a tuning issue. I ran a stock fpr on 10psi of boost for awhile with no problems at all.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Turn fuel pressure down to about 40-45 tops!
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2006, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettagtz117
Turn fuel pressure down to about 40-45 tops!
yup hes right, I have mine at 41-42 NA right now anyway....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
b1ackc1v1c

figured i'd come back and give an update...well i set the fpr to 45 and now its working like a champ...thanks guys.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

hit the dyno to see what the air/fuel ratio is..

this isnt the best idea but some places you can get 2 or 3 runs for like 50-75 bucks with the wideband and just play with the fpr till you get it close to what you want by the third run..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in