Oil line question......... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default Oil line question.........

Hey guys, I just have a few questions today, for my turbo setup that i got, its the tdo4-15g....I know small turbo, but my goals are huge...so it works for me.... anyways.... when I get my oil line the main one for the turbo, can I just a rubber gas line would that work???? like the ones they cut and sell at any auo parts store??? he other line came with the turbo.....there is only 2 lines correct??? I just need some direction....that is all..... thanks
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2006, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
d-series smartass

Rep Power: 16 9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

most people would go for the stainless lines, like from stealthmode or tunertoys, but you can run the rubber hose if you have the correct fittings on the block and the turbo.
9000_red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2006, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9000_red
most people would go for the stainless lines, like from stealthmode or tunertoys, but you can run the rubber hose if you have the correct fittings on the block and the turbo.
ok its it just a hose that goes over a fitting, I was given a tapped oil pan along with the greddy kit I got...... Should I use some small hose clamps as well??

Old 02-03-2006, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
ek_chris

If anything I would use heater hose (im not 100% if it would withstand the heat and pressure).. but I would just spend the $70 and just buy a kit from tuner toys.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek_chris
If anything I would use heater hose (im not 100% if it would withstand the heat and pressure).. but I would just spend the $70 and just buy a kit from tuner toys.
yeah that what im most likely going to have to do....... thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default Oil Line Kits

Stealthmode is having a sale right now, so the kits are cheaper through them...

http://www.stealthmodeperformance.com

Craig
TunerToys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
d-series smartass

Rep Power: 16 9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat9000_red smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

yes, you can use the fittings and hoses with clamps. it'll work fine, but i'm not sure how long it will last. if it touches your exhaust manifold or turbo for very long, it'll melt right through. i recommend the stainless, but the rubber will work as well.
9000_red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in