Engine Management Basics...... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Z6EG

Default Engine Management Basics......

what is the simplest and most basic setup that can be used ? could it just be done with some 450'cc injectors and a riseing rate FPR ?? or is it more complicated then that ?? what about using an safc with an FPR and 450's ??

im on a really tight budget and i need the cheapest but yet best form of engine management....now i know there is no such thing as cheap and best but i think u all understand what im trying to say.......
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2006, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

chipping kit for 25-40 shipped.

uberdata = free
Old 01-31-2006, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Z6EG

Default free ???

I dont know to much about attaining free uberdata....if some one would like to help me out or even offer a service id appreciate it greatly.....i need something that will be able to run my mk3 CT26 at roughly 16psi.....if it matters any im OBD-1....

Old 01-31-2006, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen
Thumbs up

:IHI: http://www.pgmfi.org :IHI:

go through the wiki library... it should give you a good head start on the way to tuning =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Signup Required*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 09:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z6EG
I dont know to much about attaining free uberdata....if some one would like to help me out or even offer a service id appreciate it greatly.....i need something that will be able to run my mk3 CT26 at roughly 16psi.....if it matters any im OBD-1....

hmmm so it's a toyota? Then uberdata will not work.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Z6EG

Default .........

sorry for the confusion......the turbo is off an mk3 supra.......i have a 92 civic hatch dx with an a6 in it that i plan on boosting...
Old 02-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z6EG
sorry for the confusion......the turbo is off an mk3 supra.......i have a 92 civic hatch dx with an a6 in it that i plan on boosting...

More confusion - you have a 92 (OBD1) car, with an A6(OBD0) engine?

Then which ecu are you running?
TurboEdit = OBD0
UberData = OBD1

Chipping aside...you would run a rising rate (FPR) with your stock injectors (240cc), to make them flow much more than they were designed to, to satisfy fuel requirements at boost levels.

If you are using 450s, then you do not need an FPR, as the 450s already flow enough at boost levels. What you do need, is to manage the 450s both at boost and at non-boost levels, because at non-boost levels, they will be very rich. An SAFC or VAFC is needed for this.

Although it is a bit more complicated, you'll be happier if you go with a chipping type of solution. You get the fuel management you need for 450s, and timing management as well, in addition to a lot of other stuff.

Craig
TunerToys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Z6EG

Default ...........

its even more complicated then you think......im using from the fire wall back an obd-1 harness with obd-1 ecu....firewall forward is an obd-2 harness...a6 block and head with y8 intake mani with obd-2 sensors and an obd-2 dizzy....so im not sure what you want to call that mess but its running of an obd-1 ecu......

from what ive gathered ill need and obd-1 chip with either chrome or uberdata....and an afc of sorts on top of that to run the 450's when out of boost.......is there any way around this ?? how much can my 240's flow ?? hp wise ?
Old 02-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie

with a chipped ecu you do not need an AFC. The fuel maps are scaled to run the 450cc injectors normally out of boost.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Z6EG

Default .................

anyone on here have a chip i could purchase that would suit my setup ?? im really in need of a decent chip....
Old 02-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

buy a blank chip, and burn a basemap onto it using a chip burner..

basemaps : http://www.xenocron.com/bins/
Old 02-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Z6EG

Default .........

thanks for the link....i havent found a tune that would suite me ....the closest thing is a 300whp tune for a b18b would this work ?? the setups seem fairly similiar besides it being a DOHC and me being SOHC
Old 02-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 csaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

16psi will blow your shit up. You don't seem to know enough about what you are trying to do just yet. You should do ton more research.

owns you.
csaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Z6EG

Default ............

16psi wont blow my shit up if its properly tuned.......im pretty sure u know that already.......sure it wont last that long maybe 6-12 months tops at those sort of levels......but thats all i need it for a decent 250whp tune

now can anyone offer there services in chipping ?? and do i need to have my ecu socketed to accept these chips ??
Old 02-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

/\ :bravo: read more man your in for a rude awakening if you think an engine will last that long on a tune not even for your car. pgmfi.org like was posted earlier and read. after you read... read more. lol ---seriously do it.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthehell1051
/\ :bravo: read more man your in for a rude awakening if you think an engine will last that long on a tune not even for your car. pgmfi.org like was posted earlier and read. after you read... read more. lol ---seriously do it.
this guy speaks the truth

theres 2 things that help YOU tune your own car... research and experience.. and u cant get experience without researching first.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC_Rules
this guy speaks the truth

theres 2 things that help YOU tune your own car... research and experience.. and u cant get experience without researching first.
yeah that and a wideband
Old 02-02-2006, 08:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

/\ i saw gonna say that but the other two pretty much cover it.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

The thing is, the only way you can have a good tune is if you know what you are doing.... sure, a dyno tune is great, but what about part throttle tuning?? Out-of-boost tuning?? Those things AREN'T done on the dyno (unless you want to spend a grip). So no, your setup won't run more than a few weeks if you aren't sure of what you are doing before you go into it...
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredKaragen
:IHI: http://www.pgmfi.org :IHI:

go through the wiki library... it should give you a good head start on the way to tuning =)

*Signup Required*

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in