building for turbo, want 320 whp at least. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Default building for turbo, want 320 whp at least.

I am wanting to build my z6 up for turbo. Basically what i need to know is if i sleeve it, and put forged rods and pistons in with a good hondata tune, will it be capable of producing over 320 ponies to the wheel with great reliablity daily? Will i need to have any head modifications such as valve springs, cam, new retainers, ect... to make my motor hold up to this much hp?

thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4 psi pull....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Me and my Dad's new G35's (mines the coupe):

94z6ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 exospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

yes you can make that much hp.
THe block stuff, you seem to have an idea on what you need. but as far as the head, At least get the valvetrain, so you're strengtening that part of the engine. You need to prevent Valve float at high rpm and to make 320, you're looking at having to take the RPM a bit higner than stock rev limit.
exospeedracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 Junonuting is learning the way of the DJunonuting is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Junonuting Send a message via Yahoo to Junonuting

How much is it going to cost u to get ur z6 sleeved??

Junonuting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2006, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
ccfab

use stock sleeves. 320whp is pistons rods, stock head and a 57 trim
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 Junonuting is learning the way of the DJunonuting is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to Junonuting Send a message via Yahoo to Junonuting

WOW, not a bad price, i think this shop at mi casa was qouting me 1800 for a rebuild u know turbo pistons etc, then i asked him about getting sleeves n shit, and then he was qouting me over 2000, so i was like HOLY SHIT!!! so i take it basically add another G to the price, still not bad though, thanks for the info.

Junonuting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 02:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junonuting
How much is it going to cost u to get ur z6 sleeved??
Well there is a honda tuner/builder in springfield, mo that quoted my friends h23 build. If my friend bought the pistons, the tuner would install sleeves, pistons rods and new crankshaft for $2300. i didnt think that would be too bad. nonetheless, he aslo tunes hondata which is what i will run, so i could probably get it all done from him.

4 psi pull....

Old 01-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfab
use stock sleeves.
Click here to see 460 whp, stock sleeves.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 02:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat

I wouldnt trust Exospeed. Sorry guys, but do some searches on H-T. More than one occassion they dick around their customers. From what I can tell they basically run their company so they can fund their race car(s), which is fine, except for when you ditch your responsibilties and are neglectful of your customers.

As for 300whp+. Stock sleeves, pistons, rods, good turbo setup. If you want to expand your powerband, work on the head.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDEF

i understand that a d-series can withstand substancial boost on their stock sleeves, but with the boost i am wanting to run, aftermarket sleeves would be much more reliable. I want to build something that will last and withstand what i give to it, whether it be 15 psi or 25 psi.

What would be the best piston/rods to look for that will support up to or possibly over 400 whp? Wiseco, eagle, suzuki vitra? What compression pistons should i run for up to 400 whp? 8:1 or 9:1?

also, which turbo would be ideal for up to 400 whp that will give me power throughout most of the power band?

thanks

4 psi pull....

Last edited by 94z6ex; 01-30-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
ccfab

yeah i thought exospeed was under or going under. bah devcon niggas.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in