60/63 to big for a stock y8? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 i love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default 60/63 to big for a stock y8?

Just need you guys' opinions...is a Garrett T3 60/63 to big for a stock y8, and if it's not...when could I expect full boost? Just need yes or no and when you think it'll hit full boost. Thanks guys...
-APEXi IHI ball bearing turbo kit
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
i love honda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
joshb_

Its not to big if you like turbo lag....you will spool it but dont expect full boost to about 4800. Someone I knew sold his set up with a 60/63 just because of extream lag.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 i love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enough

fuckin A...ok thanks man
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!

Old 01-30-2006, 04:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

What the fuck are you talking about? T3's=small. They come on stock 1.8-2.0L cars. It is not too big. You will get full boost of 10psi with a free flowing exhaust around 4000-4500rpm. Thats about 1000rpm faster than you will get with any other t3/t04e. If you want boost earlier you are going to need to go with something like a T25.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 04:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwig
What the fuck are you talking about? T3's=small. They come on stock 1.8-2.0L cars. It is not too big. You will get full boost of 10psi with a free flowing exhaust around 4000-4500rpm. Thats about 1000rpm faster than you will get with any other t3/t04e. If you want boost earlier you are going to need to go with something like a T25.

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

what do you guys think about the turbo that this guy is selling? I offered him $310 shipped for the turbo, charge piping, and downpipe...

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=54969.0
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 01-30-2006, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxtscy is learning the way of the Dcrxtscy is learning the way of the D

friend's car spools 15psi @ 4k. Vitaras, in a Z6 mini-me, upgraded valvetrain to rev it up way past stock redline.
crxtscy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young D-boy

Care if i trow in some q's while on the subject of boosting a y8
Old 02-01-2006, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Young D-boy: Go right ahead dude

By the way, I found a good Garrett 42/48 and bought it. It was $170 shipped, but I think that was a damn good deal considering how clean this thing is. I also ordered a Stealthmode oil kit. In about a week or 2, Im ordering my mani and downpipe from CC-FAB. Here's the turbo I bought. It will be here by Friday according to UPS. Tell me what you guys think about it...

Oh and it's coming w/ an internal gate. He didn't use it though so it's not installed right now.
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

so you ask us about a 60/63 and end up ordering a 42/48???

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

hey man, it was a good deal and Im sure this will supply me with what I want. Good spool time and holding it til redline. But what do you think about it? (the turbo, not my decision lol)
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
ek_chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love honda
hey man, it was a good deal and Im sure this will supply me with what I want. Good spool time and holding it til redline. But what do you think about it? (the turbo, not my decision lol)
are you I NEED BOOST on td16? Becuase if you arent your stealing his turbo lol
Old 02-01-2006, 08:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

That's me man haha You're boosted_ek on there, right? I love your picture in your signature on there. I don't know why...it's just cool as shit lol
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

ill take a 60/63

no complaints from my top end
Old 02-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat

He can always swap the dinky .42 compressor side for the larger .60 compressor side if he needs more top end. Should be a direct swap.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

yea that's what Im saying. I don't think I'll need to...but if I do. Easy swap.
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 16 reviews

You should be fine with that on mines I ran t3/t4 60/48 and ran good, with stock motor and 7 lbs. of boost I ran [email protected] with slicks, so you should be fine. I also have a turbo for sale if interested.
RockinSOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

lkailburn It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

you can make good power with the 42/48. 250whp is gonna be about the most that turbo can do, and not very efficiently i'll say but deffintily obtainable. as for the exhaust housing swap, read this thread: http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=55453.0

Last edited by lkailburn; 02-03-2006 at 09:09 AM.
lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

thanks for the replys so far guys. I got the new turbo in. It looks great. Here's a few more pics of it.

The guy I bought it from must have really cleaned the shit out of it b/c I can rub my fingers all around in the exhaust and I don't have any black on my fingers when I take them out. It doesn't even smell like exhaust in it anymore lol

Wastegate before...

What 20 minutes, brake cleaner, and some steele whool will do for you...

-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 02-04-2006, 09:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

turbo looks nice! i hope it works great for you

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in