? on turboing a d16 and what i should do? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 88efcivic is learning the way of the D88efcivic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 88efcivic
Default ? on turboing a d16 and what i should do?

hey guys whats up? i was looking on ebay and they had a whole kit for like 900 bucks turbo/fmic/all piping and brackets everthing. The only thing was its a t3/t4 it said that the spring was set at 7psi. Would i be better off with a t25 witch will spool fast and is great for a motor that has no internal mod's done or the t3/t4 witch is only set at 7psi? Will the d16 spool the turbo fast enough or?

Thanks any help is great.
88efcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

be careful with the SSAUTOCROME or XSTURBO units... do a search on those names...

But, to answer your ??, yes, I think a T3 or T28 would be better, ecause you aren't in boost as soon. The T25 spools too quick for me, you are in full boost at like 2500 RPM's, or somethin.... And they fall off at the top...
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

link to the auction? sounds like ssauto to me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2006, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 88efcivic is learning the way of the D88efcivic is learning the way of the D

yea it was the ssautochrome kit im reading up on them here and they sound like they suck real bad better to get the parts ur self and make a kit or juss buy a better kit i heard the manifolds on the ssauto' kits crack and everthing. yea i guess i will see if i can come by a t3 or t28 i want something that is gonna spool at a good rate but not be fully spolled at like 2,500rpm's like u were saying thanks alot
Old 01-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
decev

If you've got $900.00 bux you could probably find one on another board w/ FMU. That's the route I've been going. Just make sure you do your homework. It would be easy to buy something that's already crap.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

shit, i put my first kit together for $700 and it actually included REAL fuel management(TurboEdit)

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 10:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

you put a whole kit togther for 700 bucks if i could do that i'd be set. what exactly would i need to make a good reliable kit?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
decev

Mine's gonna be $700 too. Uberdata is what I use for fuel management. I figured I'd get into cheap, build a block and then start upgrading the turbo once my motor can handle it.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

dam im about to make a kit and all everone seems to do that and be fine. it seems like the way to go for 700bucks what did you guys use? turbo/fmic/...ect
Old 01-28-2006, 01:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
decev

Starting with the modified hf mani./t25 turbo/downpipe $350, custom bent 2.5" exhaust $80 local, 1g DSM BOV $30, charge piping bent at same shop $40, Stock injectors and pump @4-5psi. Wideband/laptop/chip burner $275. I'm picking up a FMIC soon, so maybe my build will be closer to $1000.00, but I won't be complaining when i smoke my buddies type-s.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:12 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 CivicY8 is learning the way of the DCivicY8 is learning the way of the D

for the $900 your seeing on e-bay its going to most likely be one of those two companies. Your best bet is either to piece one to-gether, buy a used kit if you don't mind saving cash, or get a used s/c for about the same price and its good to go on a daily driver. also you can spend about another 350 on the s/c buy an endyne 9psi pulley and 310 or 330 injectors. Thats your choice. Either option is better then that ssautoSh*T.
CivicY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2006, 08:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

yea that ssauto is crap so i will try and start making my own turbo kit it would be so much more reliable then the ssauto one thanks alot guys
Old 01-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
decev

When you put it together yourself you know about it. You should have a good understanding of how your turbo functions by the time it's done and installed. I've also said this here before , that if you want 200+ hp or in the area, then you should know how you got there. Not to say I do, but if you don't know how to completely maintain a high performance vehicle you'll be one of these guys complaining about blowing a motor every 5k. Oh yeah and it's very rewarding. Next thing you know you'll be welding your own exhaust mani's.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

yeah i want to be in the range of 170-190whp, im gonna do some research on it so i dont blow my engine up thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in