Question on Emissions:( - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2006, 06:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
krwtek1

Exclamation Question on Emissions:(

First off Id like to start by saying that I am having a realy hard time with planning my build do to soo many factors.

I know that boost will be my best bang for the buck HP. This is why I am taking it into such high concideration. The only thing stopping me from actualy boosting my ride is the fact of E-Check. Since my ride is OBD2 the only way that they inspect my vehicle is by using a scanner that does nothing more than check for DTC's and inspect my rediness codes. This is not a problem untill I address the issue of fuel managment. What choices do I have that are budget freindly for fuel managment? What setups are you guys running that have boosted OBD2 rides?

Thanks Guys.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2006, 06:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

use the greddy Emanage that comes with the greddy kit or AEM EMS (this is Uber expensive).
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 06:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
krwtek1

What type of $ am I looking at for a setup like this?

Old 01-27-2006, 06:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

if you are going to stay under 10psi, go with the emanage, otherwise you'll need a complete standalone that is a street legal replacement for OBDII ecu's, which would be something like the AEM EMS, and yes it is expensive...otherwise i would say build up the motor to play well with n2o...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 06:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krwtek1
What type of $ am I looking at for a setup like this?
AEM EMS is around 1200 dollars, but you would want to include a wide band o2...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 01-27-2006, 06:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I would say go with the Greddy kit as a whole. If you get it tuned, in isn't bad below 10 PSI, like he said, and the kit is actually CARB exempt, so you shouldn't have an issue passing e-Check at all.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 06:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
krwtek1

I only plan on boosting to 6-8psi.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
krwtek1

Can I run Emanage with a custom turbo setup? I plan on building my own kit due to a tight budget.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Yes you can but it has to be tuned for your setup. I think the programs that come with it assume that you have a greddy kit.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 08:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

^^yep...find a good tuner that is experienced with emanage and go from there...

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in