Daily Driver Friendly Setups - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 04:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
krwtek1

Default Daily Driver Friendly Setups

Hey guys, I was woundering today what setups you guys are running for a daily driver. I am in the middle of planning my turbo ans I am running into some issues. I only plan to run 5-7 psi so I will keep the stock internals. Any recomendations on parts.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 04:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

What issues do you have and what kind of car/specs do you have?

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2006, 04:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
krwtek1

I am running into problems with parts selection. I am building a d16 with a z6 or a y8 head. I have a a6 block but i dont know if I will be using it or not(due to its age). I plan on retaining a/c and p/s. This motor/turbo setup will be built on a stand and then swapped into my 00 ex coupe. Since I will be using this vehicle as my daily driver I have to have it relaible.
So far I was thinking of using a ssac or a ccfab manifold and downpipe due to the fact that they both retain a/c and p/s. I am wondering what turbo. what map senser. what injectors. and what managment to use.
My main goal is to have a fun daily driver that I dont have to work on every day. I dont mind wrenching but I dont want to be stranded. I am a mechanic at the local honda dealer(Park Honda for any of u guys in the Akron OH area) so I know the impostance of having a dependable ride.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to crxsit

well im a ef guy, so fuel managment might be different. im running a misu t25, dsm 450 inj, ported hf manifold w/plate, 255pump, b&m fpr, turboedit pm6 with personal map,27x6.5x2.74 fmic, 1g bov, 2.5 turbo-back, boosting 11psi and a great setup for daily driving, no issues at all, and been with this setup for about 6 months now. (stock d16a6)

crxsit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2006, 06:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
krwtek1

Do you guys think a d16a6 bottom end and a d16z6 head combo will take boost well? I wouldnt see why it wouldnt. I know that the a6 pistons creat a bit higher compresion but since I only plan on running 5-7psi it shouldnt be an issue.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by krwtek1
Do you guys think a d16a6 bottom end and a d16z6 head combo will take boost well? I wouldnt see why it wouldnt. I know that the a6 pistons creat a bit higher compresion but since I only plan on running 5-7psi it shouldnt be an issue.
its a little bit higher compression, but with the boost you ask about, i dont see why it wouldnt work just fine. just make sure you have a good tune

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2006, 08:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

I run 10psi daily on my Stock Z6 w/ over 100k on motor. Check sig for setup..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2006, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by berettagtz117
I run 10psi daily on my Stock Z6 w/ over 100k on motor. Check sig for setup..
yep me too. as long as the compression checks out boost that bitch!!!
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2006, 09:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

he'll be a little higher compression than you 2 though^^

although i think you will be just fine with a t25 at 7psi

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 01-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

This Mini-me compression# might help you.
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27126

IMO for daily drive are couple things to consider.

1. Turbo selection
Small one like my setup it spool fast (fun in the city) but no fun on Hwy. due to lack of high end power. The appropriate one (for city and hwy.) should be the one that start spooling some where @ mid. 3000 rpm and max out not ealry than 6000 (7000 rpm might be good)

2. Fuel mgt. method
5-7 psi have various choice: FMU, Piggy back(Vafc hack, e-mange, fields, etc.) or stand alone. You may find strong and weak points on each methods in this link.
http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

3. Clutch
This part is not many post mention on it. but after my first turbo setup 7 psi of boost with brand new OEM clutch, it slip easy when race. But its ok for normal ride (not beat too much on it). If you seach around you will see that even on the low boost it will create so much torque. So it should be a good idea to save some budget for more sticky clutch.

Hope you have fun on boosting
2010-2013: China journal bearing GT30!?! (T3T4 57trim
) Build y8 @ 25psi

Last edited by pramonn; 01-28-2006 at 09:08 AM.
pramonn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2008, 07:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

I am not trying to jack this thread and have searched and still have this question... I saw that you guys are boosting dd's. I drive ~300 miles a week most of the time on the highway and was wondering if it would still be a good idea to boost im looking for low boost but to eventually build the motor ~230whp goal. I have a z6 with ~158k on it and a new lsd clutch. Also, I drive alot in Long island and the city sometimes so there is stop and go at times. Thanks you for your time / imput.
redpanda87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2008, 08:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda87 View Post
I am not trying to jack this thread and have searched and still have this question... I saw that you guys are boosting dd's. I drive ~300 miles a week most of the time on the highway and was wondering if it would still be a good idea to boost im looking for low boost but to eventually build the motor ~230whp goal. I have a z6 with ~158k on it and a new lsd clutch. Also, I drive alot in Long island and the city sometimes so there is stop and go at times. Thanks you for your time / imput.
shouldn't bump 2 year old threads lol

if your compression is good, go for it

torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2008, 09:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

2 year old thread?

do some searching and read the stickies. tons of good info around here

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in