who got 300 hp or more outa their d? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

civicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicEXcoupeman
Default who got 300 hp or more outa their d?

Tell me about your ride if you were able to get 300 hp or more outa your D-series. Such as the parts u got/what u did. And also price it how much did it cost to get to that hp? Do you recomend it rather then paying for swaping another engine? Is it more cost effective in your opinion then if you were to turbo a swaped engine?

while your at it tell me what i need to do to my D16Y8 to reach that HP in my 2000 civic ex coupe. How much am I approx looking to spend to get it 300-400hp

See i was considering doing a swap but thats like 3 grand right their not that price effective as i mentioned b4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
dude, that avatar gets me in trouble when I don't scroll down quiiitteee fast enough and my wife knows I can read faster than that.....lol
-Jonathan-

Last edited by civicEXcoupeman; 01-22-2006 at 07:31 PM.
civicEXcoupeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I personally wouldnt use a Y motor to do it... Everybody else can talk about the rest, its not to hard just takes money. Im going to bed.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

civicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top Aussie

with forged pistons and rods, boring the shit outa it, cams and a big turbo maybe possible right?

Quote:
dude, that avatar gets me in trouble when I don't scroll down quiiitteee fast enough and my wife knows I can read faster than that.....lol
-Jonathan-

Old 01-22-2006, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicEXcoupeman
with forged pistons and rods, boring the shit outa it, cams and a big turbo maybe possible right?
yeah but dontr forget tuning
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
yeah but dontr forget tuning
and hondata...

Quote:
-Jonathan-
Old 01-22-2006, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

you wont need hondata, crome or uber would work fine
it takes some work but its doable

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

I dont think Y motors are that bad, some need a little more work than others, but I cant wait to start boosting my y8......
Old 01-22-2006, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

its actually pretty easy. block gaurd, pistons, rods, headwork. t3/t4 and some tuning and u have 300. money is the issue.
russianwonder32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianwonder32
its actually pretty easy. block gaurd, pistons, rods, headwork. t3/t4 and some tuning and u have 300. money is the issue.
will more or less 3-4k be enough..

Quote:
-Jonathan-

Last edited by civicEXcoupeman; 01-22-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianwonder32
I agree with you, but I hear a lot of crap about those blockguards, cause they cause problems.....
Old 01-22-2006, 08:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicspy70 Send a message via MSN to civicspy70

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
I agree with you, but I hear a lot of crap about those blockguards, cause they cause problems.....
Especialy in a daily driver

civicspy70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2006, 08:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicspy70
Especialy in a daily driver
yep its my daily driver till ill get my next beater a 92 prelude or a crx.

Quote:
-Jonathan-
Old 01-23-2006, 05:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicEXcoupeman
yep its my daily driver till ill get my next beater a 92 prelude or a crx.
Let me add to this. So far im more slowly gathering parts to mod 1 at a time. Cuz i got a lot of expenses at the moment as well im in college right now.

So I might start trying to peice together this turbo build.

For right now im focusing on getting I/H/E

But I have out of this for now: AEM short ram intake and a 4-2-1 Megan Racing stainless steel header (that is going to go at the end of this semester in college. For now ill just lay werever my parents put it cuz they stole it from me in a effort for me not to fuck with the car while im in this semester in college)

I kno ill need to get rid of/sell the header and intake if i want to go turbo

Also i'm thinking on getting a Dynamax superturbo muffler and get 2.5 inch mandrel bent piping installed for my exhaust. Im more for stock look/sound exhuast But the Apexi WS2 is fucken expensive. And the RSR mag will rust i need something that will last and wont rust.

Im thinking after this semester finishes to get a cam gear to add to the head,intake i got. Maybe some pistons (dunno which ones).

Also what do you guys think about getting turbo peices from a junk yard if they dont look fucked up (obviously no front end damage)

BTW can some1 give me a aprox. amount of money im looking at for this build? Also i got a auto now so im definately not boosting a auto SO ill need to do a auto-manual conversion which is up to 1-2k

Quote:
-Jonathan-

Last edited by civicEXcoupeman; 01-23-2006 at 05:29 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
turboman

I would sell the car and get another if you have to do a auto manual conversion.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2006, 06:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman
I would sell the car and get another if you have to do a auto manual conversion.
Its my first car that im emotionly attached (i kno sounds/gay/ emo)

after coming out of a huge accident https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35258

which i totalled my parents car we shared. So im young and its my first ride so i dont want to sell. Also dont got the cash or time to look for another ride

Quote:
-Jonathan-
Old 01-23-2006, 06:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
turboman

then you may want to just get another car to build on and keep this for daily use. For the 2000 you waste on a conversion you can get a crx and have more fun then with what you got now.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
then you may want to just get another car to build on and keep this for daily use. For the 2000 you waste on a conversion you can get a crx and have more fun then with what you got now.
I already started moding my current ride. A CRX around my area if im not looking at rice will cost me round 1-3k no lie. Includes some with minor or some pretty sweet mods. The ricer cars around me sell for the same and are mostly a fucked up exterior.

Though to be honest theirs only 5 being sold. Not very many in my area

i want a crx badly

or what other really light car can i buy for cheap?

Quote:
-Jonathan-

Last edited by civicEXcoupeman; 01-23-2006 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
turboman

you can always go the mazda route...

I had a gutted 323 that I put a 190 hp turbo motor in. Really ugly, really fast and a whole lot of fun. Car weighted about 1600lbs gutted with roll cage.

Dam it was ugly though HAHA

whole thing was about $3000 with suspension, motor, race seats and rollcage.

Did I mention it was ugly

the motors are about $600-$800 from corksport.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
you can always go the mazda route...

I had a gutted 323 that I put a 190 hp turbo motor in. Really ugly, really fast and a whole lot of fun. Car weighted about 1600lbs gutted with roll cage.

Dam it was ugly though HAHA

whole thing was about $3000 with suspension, motor, race seats and rollcage.

Did I mention it was ugly

the motors are about $600-$800 from corksport.
those are most defniatly ugly.

heres a couple interesting crx's in my area

link

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...4&aff=national

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...4&aff=national

but i still really wish i could turbo my current ride

Quote:
-Jonathan-
Old 01-23-2006, 07:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
ccfab

i made 293 on a y7/y8 mini me stock sleeve with eagle rods srp pistons and a t3/t4 at 18 psi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in