Project D-build up underway - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cee_mon

Default Project D-build up underway

Hey guys, I need alittle help here with picking some pistons for my setup.

Goals - Max out greddy turbo at 15psi

I already picked up a set of eagle rods, not sure which pistons to match it with.
Also motor is a d16z6 that i bought used but i know it ran. What are some things i should look at replacing on the motor.
Timing belt, and all belts are a must
Water pump?
Anything else?

Also iam going to be running Crome Pro engine mangament, does anyone know if with the program it will let stock Map sensor run the 15psi?

Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2006, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Crome will not let the stock map sensor read 15 psi. no programmable ecu will.

id say go with some SRP pistons. you can get tehm for cheap and they seem to work great in a lot of people's setups.

if you are building your motor, i suggest replacing about everything that bolts to the block. like water pump, timing belt, tensioner, oil pump, main and rod bearings(this is a given), have your head gone through with new valve seals and a valve job, basically you want to make sure something wont go to shit on you after you get it all together and back in your ride

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 greddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

How many miles are on the motor? That will tell you what to replace. But just to be safe, everything RyanCRX said is correct. You definitely need to change the map sensor.

On a side note, Greddy claims their turbo will do 15 psi. Mine, however, won't hold anything over 11psi. Nothing is wrong with it, but if you really want more than 10 psi, find another turbo. I went with Wisco pistons and coated them. SRP does make good pistons. Find some lower compression pistons to help with the tuning.

Good luck.
greddytunedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2006, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cee_mon

I have been running 9-10psi for last year. Without any problems. I have been in a buddies car that ran max boost, and there was a big difference.
My buddy just got back to me with a price on Endyn roller wave pistons and headgasket for 800 CANADIAN tax in shipped.
About swapping turbos, that will be left to the future. But this motor will be able to handle more than what the greddy turbo can blow. That is why iam going with a real piston instead of vitara's.

EDIT> Motor has appernt 180,000 KMS on it, but when taken apart it looks good. I do have a perfectly good d16z6 in my car right now, if somethine goes wrong and i have to fall back onto the stock motor.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cee_mon

Just wanna make sure.... Are stock axles good enought for the power?
Old 01-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by greddytunedhatch

On a side note, Greddy claims their turbo will do 15 psi..
it will, but it will run out of breath quickly in the high rpms.
stock axles are fine just really depends on high badly you try and beat on em. TurboZC has been popping new axles left and right, and hes only at 230whp. sohcturbo has yet to break an axle on 320whp.
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
one of D-series.org's nicest rides

Rep Power: 17 turbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Dont forget all the necessary gaskets. Look into some 76mm arias pistons
Old 01-22-2006, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I concur with Ryan. Figured I would help you out with some part numbers and price references.

SRP offers 9.0:1 Pistons for your application. Part numbers are as follows for the D16Z6...

Standard - 149199
+10 Over - 149200
+20 Over - 149201

(Don't pay more than $360 for the set, which is our price)

Would also reccomend ARP headstuds for any boosted application. For your D16Z6, you'll need part number...

208-4301

(Don't pay more than $87.00 for these.)

You should also consider a Cometic head gasket.

Hope that helps.

Craig

Last edited by TunerToys; 01-22-2006 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Add the head gasket suggestion...
TunerToys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2006, 07:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cee_mon

PM sent ^.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in