ssautochrome - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ssautochrome

Has anyone got an ss autochrome turbo kit? If so how was it?
crohnman6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I've heard a lot of bad things about ss autochrome/xspower. My friend bought a kit with the external wastegate mani, it was made so poorly slag would have killed the turbo, he sold it and got a tubular mani. As far as the turbo goes, i know a guy with an ls/vtec using a t3/t4 hybrid, and the turbo failed at about 8 months, the shaft was all scoured, and he pulled it off because it was leaking oil from somewhere, dont know where exactly. I'd wait around a bit and hear what others have to say, maybe get some first hand info on it, thats just what ive seen.

And for the price of that turbo kit, you could find yourself a 16g off an eclipse, if not a whole setup, for around 300-600 dollars depending on where you look. I'd look around first and see what out there, youd be suprised the prices of some things.
slowcivic2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

seriously search the site yo weve covered this a billion times. "CRAP" typically the manis break
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2006, 06:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
turboman

haha yeah I have read al the horror stories. Best to avoid there products.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT

CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Stay away from this products seriously
Quote:
damd it ricky. you know it'll supersain JDM mad tyte, son. lol.
R.I.P Milo, You were my second brother and I will Always remember you.
CxHatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

there products arent the best, however they did redesign the mani, we ran a kit on my friends hatch it worked ok no problems from here and i got a friend running there turbo right now and its been fine as well going on about 9 months. if your looking for a turbo kit just build your own.

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add us on myspace yO!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...6&page=1&pp=20
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

ill have my ssauto t3 on this weekend. in a couple months ill write a review

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

^^ i was lookin at a couple of their turbos on ebay....
Old 01-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC_Rules
^^ i was lookin at a couple of their turbos on ebay....
if you are looking for GOOD turbos on eBay, search for the used down2turbo. he has several on there now that are rebuilt and prety damn reasonable. there have been great reviews of his turbos on HMT and HT

the t3/t4 he has listed it catching my eye

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 01-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

I also have an ssac turbo manifold, 2.5" downpipe & tdo4 turbo of theirs. i will be installing within the next two weeks. i am getting a brace welded on from the manifold to turbo flange down to the bolt where the ac compressor bracket used to be. i might make a brace for the turbo as well. i got the whole kit for $100 brand new in box.
zestyskater69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
if you are looking for GOOD turbos on eBay, search for the used down2turbo. he has several on there now that are rebuilt and prety damn reasonable. there have been great reviews of his turbos on HMT and HT

the t3/t4 he has listed it catching my eye
I'm using the T3 from them. No complaints....
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!

00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 00kickercivic

search noobs.... search

this has been covered probably more than any other topic on the entire board

93 Toyota Supra TT
13 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
05 SeaDoo RXT
00kickercivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Really cheap just like there quality..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to civicspy70 Send a message via MSN to civicspy70

Actual I think ss auto chrome is good, What is bad is the XS power turbo's. If you go to homemade turbo .com those guys have been running those turbo's for a year with no problem. IN the begining of ss auto chrome they came with XS power turbo's witch gave then a bad name. Now there turbo's a garret and ffer life time warrenty on the turbo so I dought they would offer lifetime warrenty on junk turbo's. However I believe that the turbo manifold's that ss autochrome has are junk. My friends car had one for a year and it cracked, hen purchaed another ss autochrome manifold and it cracked a week later when he went over a set of train tax's. So the ss auto chrome kit's are good if you plan to swap out the manifold.

civicspy70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 04:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicspy70
Actual I think ss auto chrome is good, What is bad is the XS power turbo's. If you go to homemade turbo .com those guys have been running those turbo's for a year with no problem. IN the begining of ss auto chrome they came with XS power turbo's witch gave then a bad name. Now there turbo's a garret and ffer life time warrenty on the turbo so I dought they would offer lifetime warrenty on junk turbo's. However I believe that the turbo manifold's that ss autochrome has are junk. My friends car had one for a year and it cracked, hen purchaed another ss autochrome manifold and it cracked a week later when he went over a set of train tax's. So the ss auto chrome kit's are good if you plan to swap out the manifold.
what are you talking about?? XSpower IS ssauto...look on ebay and see who sells those turbos...ssautochrome

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 01-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 18 reviews

just read a thread on honda tech about their turbo being glued together... ssautochrome customer service seemed to be great in responding to his complaint and heard their manifolds are better braced now... but ever try contacting them? lucky to get a reponse to your email!
1991rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2006, 06:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991rex
just read a thread on honda tech about their turbo being glued together...
thats oldschool stuff. nobody even really knows where that pic came from. apparrently there was another company selling similar turbos passing them off as ssauto. a knock off of a knock off...wierd huh?

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 01-26-2006, 06:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
thats oldschool stuff. nobody even really knows where that pic came from. apparrently there was another company selling similar turbos passing them off as ssauto. a knock off of a knock off...wierd huh?
SS Auto had a page about how to tell their XS Power turbos from the knock-off ones that came with a glued compressor housing, in response to the glued on comp housing claims. There was a good round of dark humored chuckling on HMT when someone pulled a picture of an SSAC kit, off of SSAC's site, that had all the distinguishing marks of the "copycat" XS Power turbo.

Common sense dictates... if you are going to copy a turbo, you copy a Brand Name. XS Who??? Two years ago nobody knew who they were. Why would you copy that?

SSAC's quality is all over the place. The current run of turbos is supposed to do okay, the ICs and BOVs are good inexpensive units, everything else needs an eye kept on it... better yet don't run it unless it's free and you're willing to reweld the mani or risk your engine when a wastegate diaphragm tears.

Joseph Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2006, 09:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Davis
There was a good round of dark humored chuckling on HMT when someone pulled a picture of an SSAC kit, off of SSAC's site, that had all the distinguishing marks of the "copycat" XS Power turbo.
that was me that posted that, lol

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in