question on a cam - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

Question question on a cam

alright i've been thinkin about it, and i'm not gonna be running a turbo no more...things change. well anyway, i'm gonna be running the gas instead to kinda save money and just use it on the track and this will also cut back on my risk of gettin in trouble since it won't be constant power. well anyways i was wondering with nitrous which cam could be used a stg. 2 n/a or turbo cam. i don't want just the stage 1 cause it seems like it wouldn't be enough since i still wanna try and get as much out if the motor i can for the track. what about a custom ground? are they as strong as the cast cams? or is it just the regrinds that are weak? thanks for any help guys. oh and i'll be using a z6 cam for my d15b.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

A cam will only do so much on its own. more air means a bigger cam (obvious) for best gains, but if your all motoring it it depends on how far you are going to go. if your getting a high lift cam, consider springs and retainers, stock ones with float around at high rpms. porting the head would also be a good thing if your n/a to get as much air as possible into the motor.

keep in mind high lift cams can cause lopes in your idle, so streetablility can be an issue as well. it all depends on you.
slowcivic2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 05:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

yeah well i wont be completely n/a and i wasn't sure if i could use either cams with nitrous. as of now i have generic air intake, edelbrock i.m., 60mm tb, 4-1 hp headers, high flow cat, and exhaust. i was running the single nozzle wet 50 shot but i bought the manifold from singlecizam with direct port already plumbed in so i will be switching to that soon. so for the question what cam to get, stg.2 turbo or n/a? or custom?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in