too many miles - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default too many miles

what would you consider to be to many miles to run a supercharger without hurting the motor?
skate4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

I have 178,00 on mine, just pulled off the charger and put on a turbo kit. If you don't abuse the engine everyday you should be fine with higher mileage. But if you beat the hell out of it everyday no matter how many mile are on it you'll destroy it.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

why did you pull of the charger, is it still good?

Old 01-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

yeah it's fine, just wanted a turbo for a while now and finally got a chance to get one. I still have it all at the house. I have a jackson charger, boost upgrade, dc 4-2-1 header, jackson short ram intake tube, all the stuff to install it. If you want more info pm me and we'll talk
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
BoogieDown

you could do a compression & leakdown test to give you a better idea on the health of your engine.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 csaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

My CRX has 190k on it and I just slapped on a turbo.

owns you.
csaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

check your rings and bearing and valves and you should be alright
Old 01-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 greddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Borat

it's all in the tuning and the way you drive it =)
greddytunedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieDown
you could do a compression & leakdown test to give you a better idea on the health of your engine.
^^yep^^

Milage means nothing to me. As long as you maintained it well with oil changes, timing belt, adjusting valves and all that stuff it should be fine.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecduck
I have 178,00 on mine, just pulled off the charger and put on a turbo kit. If you don't abuse the engine everyday you should be fine with higher mileage. But if you beat the hell out of it everyday no matter how many mile are on it you'll destroy it.
very true, keep the maintenance down and dont abuse your car I believe bizzar had like 160,000 b4 he started boosting......
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

how many miles before you should do a timing belt because my car runs fine but just a ballpark number anyone
Old 01-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hey how much for the supercharger?? very interested if you are willing to sell
Jcazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

well I have a 96 ex with 115,000 on it, has a new timing belt, water pump, racing radiator, new plugs wires and fuel pump, fuel filter and a lot of other things, so using my greddy kit to start at 6lbs will be no problem at all..... I am also connsidering a set of APR headstuds and a new oil pump and while Im in there replacing the timing belt again, its been about 25k since...... what cha think??
Old 01-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate4life
how many miles before you should do a timing belt because my car runs fine but just a ballpark number anyone
usually around 100k I would change it, but the sooner the better, I changed mine around 85k.......
Old 01-18-2006, 11:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

acording to helms t-belt and waterpump at 105k, basicly anything you cando to make the engine smooter and more prepared for the added stress of a supercharger. just pick up a helms(best money spent on my car so far) and start doing maintenance, t-belt,water pump, plugs,wires,cap+rotor,mabby the coil, fule filter,fresh coolant(a must with water pump change), a valve adjustment does wonders(.007 of an inch intake and .009 on exhaust is tightest recomended seting I would higly recomend this).

basicly its a balance act, boost adds stress no mater how you look at it. your engine is made to run with a certain amount of strain and stay reliable if you get rid of that strain with fresh parts and higher quality parts it will tolorate the added stress of boost much better and longer

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
jwclark20

what do you think is better the turbo or the supercharger? or which would be easier to maintain?
Old 01-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

honestly there is no easy way out with eather, you need to change oil religiusly at 3k(which you should anyway!!!!!) and splugs with every oil change wont hurt, thats like 10 bucks for NGK copper, run 93gas(duh) and keep it well tuned and maintainced remember the factoy manual is no god for maintenance now, I would say whatever they say in the manual cut it in half to be safe, so if it says t-belt and water pump every 100k do it every 50, change coolant more too since it sees much higher heat from the engine do to the turbo, keep your fule system CLEAN, geting a clod in the system is not good. runing lean is biggest cause of death for turbo motor's

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 88efcivic is learning the way of the D88efcivic is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to 88efcivic

yea if you take car of the motor miles on a honda dont mean anything i got my hatch from a senior and he had the same hatch and it had 356k miles befor it went and he loved it so much that he went out and got the same one. then i came across it bought it for 2g's with 80k miles and a truck took my front end off but yea juss take care of it. i changed my timing belt and water pump at like 85k miles
88efcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in