255 feeding 044 cavitating - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Flip
Default 255 feeding 044 cavitating

Okay so I just caught part of my car on fire and melted the paint off the driver door... Had my pumps off my fuel cell and put them in a plastic container full of e85, stupid I know.

So my question is... Can I have my in line 255 feeding my in line 044 on constant voltage strait from the battery? Or is the 044 pulling too much for the 255?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 04:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

do you use an accumulator/surge tank?

Last edited by robgoof; 06-26-2019 at 05:04 AM.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgoof View Post
do you use an accumulator/surge tank?
No

Old 06-26-2019, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Well I just bought another 044 and put on dual perallel 044s. I shouldn't need a surge tank with just dual 044s right?

My fuel cell is mounted right above 044s. Fuel cell has 2 outlets which i ran to an 8an Y.

One of the 044s is still cavitating. So I ordered a new fitting for the suction side. I am also going to take the check valves off.

Am i doing something wrong other than still fucking with this car?

Old 06-27-2019, 02:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!

pump pre filter if any?
restricted inlet ..
faulty fittings allowing air in?

do these pumps have a built in pre filter?dirty..
Old 06-27-2019, 04:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
pump pre filter if any?
restricted inlet ..
faulty fittings allowing air in?

do these pumps have a built in pre filter?dirty..
No pump filter...
Inlets are two 8an fittings from the bottom of the fuel cell going directly to the pumps.

Just got new fittings today, I'm gonna try again tomorrow. Hopefully the car won't catch fire again.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

have you tried each pump on its own?

unlikely but any chance of trapped air in the line pre pump?

return line size?
Old 07-01-2019, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
have you tried each pump on its own?

unlikely but any chance of trapped air in the line pre pump?

return line size?
If I run 1 at a time it does not cavitate. Return is 6an. Supply is 8an.

Just put new lines and fittings from fuel cell to 044's, still cavitating.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

what filters are you running?

"Pre-filter should be 100 micro and post filter 40 micron. Give or take a little. "

"I solved the cavitation issue by fitting a larger post pump filter. I think the small one was causing excessive restriction. This was causing the pump to cavitate and the fuel pressure to drop off.'

"Cavitation can be caused by trying to push more fuel than is required, or not having large enough fuel lines."

"inline pumps are designed to pump and do a bad job of sucking, which might be causing the overheating of your pump or adding to the issue."
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

-6AN is too small of a return for your expected flow.

I would move up to a -8 or -10 at a minimum.

You can never have too large of a return line lol

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano

IF you were using the tiny strainer that comes with Walboro in-take pumps if the tank get below a certain it will act like you are running out of fuel. If you put a stock length stainer it fix the fuel starvation, b/c I seriously doubt you were experiencing true cavatation. Also if you have never cleaned your tank and the pump had been used for regular fuel for a long while, you may want to see this video to.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.

Last edited by 92CXyD; 07-03-2019 at 09:26 AM.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2019, 04:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
what filters are you running?

"Pre-filter should be 100 micro and post filter 40 micron. Give or take a little. "

"I solved the cavitation issue by fitting a larger post pump filter. I think the small one was causing excessive restriction. This was causing the pump to cavitate and the fuel pressure to drop off.'

"Cavitation can be caused by trying to push more fuel than is required, or not having large enough fuel lines."

"inline pumps are designed to pump and do a bad job of sucking, which might be causing the overheating of your pump or adding to the issue."
I took the filters off, still cavitating. Pumps come right off the sump of my fuel cell, so they are gravity fed. I will upsize my return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
-6AN is too small of a return for your expected flow.

I would move up to a -8 or -10 at a minimum.

You can never have too large of a return line lol
Going to upsize my return to 5/8" (10an)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92CXyD View Post
IF you were using the tiny strainer that comes with Walboro in-take pumps if the tank get below a certain it will act like you are running out of fuel. If you put a stock length stainer it fix the fuel starvation, b/c I seriously doubt you were experiencing true cavatation. Also if you have never cleaned your tank and the pump had been used for regular fuel for a long while, you may want to see this video to.
Everything I have is new and has never seen anything but e85. (New as in only about 10 gallons of actual run time on whole system)

Btw, I am now running parallel 044's. My fuel cell has two feeds, feeding each pump, then it is plumbed into an 8an Y.

Last edited by Flip; 07-08-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

How old is the fuel cell?

The foam can break down and cause all kinds of headaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 2 drtalon123 is starting to learn the ropesdrtalon123 is starting to learn the ropesdrtalon123 is starting to learn the ropesdrtalon123 is starting to learn the ropesdrtalon123 is starting to learn the ropesdrtalon123 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Is the cell completely full of foam, including the sump, not just the sides? Could you be attempting to pull more fuel through the foam with both pumps than is possible near the sump?

I had a small 5 gallon drag cell that was open in the middle and the sump, with foam on just the sides. The pickups were close enough to each other that if running dual pumps, the pump suction could be strong enough where I could see you possibly generating a vortex or a void on the inside of the tank, causing a possible cavitation issue. How big is the sump, or how far apart are the supply ports? Fuel level full?
drtalon123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2019, 05:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
How old is the fuel cell?

The foam can break down and cause all kinds of headaches.
Foam looks new. I do know what you mean by foam breaking down, but unfortunately that is not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtalon123 View Post
Is the cell completely full of foam, including the sump, not just the sides? Could you be attempting to pull more fuel through the foam with both pumps than is possible near the sump?

I had a small 5 gallon drag cell that was open in the middle and the sump, with foam on just the sides. The pickups were close enough to each other that if running dual pumps, the pump suction could be strong enough where I could see you possibly generating a vortex or a void on the inside of the tank, causing a possible cavitation issue. How big is the sump, or how far apart are the supply ports? Fuel level full?
My fuel cell has foam on sides, space in middle, no foam in sump. Outlets are about 4 inches apart.

I'm going to switch back to the 255 feeding the 044, just to see if it works or changes anything. Right now it is going lean if I give it past half throttle, which I would expect from the cavitating noise.

I would really like to get this thing going before summer is over.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in