ECU tuning questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2019, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ECU tuning questions

Hey guys!
Im going to turbocharge my d16y7 soon and I was wondering about engine management, If i say id buy an P28 socketed and chipped ecu from H-tune. co . uk, Can i plug that ecu to my computer and connect it with Crome or whichever tuning software we use?
Thanks!
Palmarn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

Check out the additional things you will need at www.moates.net. they have great service and there are tutorials outlining your different options from basic to (reasonably priced) realtime tuning solutions.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

You need a real time programmer (RTP) like Ostrich which plugs into a socketed ECU in place of the chip and stores the ROM on a chip emulator that’s powered by a little battery. Your laptop plugs into the chip emulator board via USB. That allows you to make changes to the tune without burning and physically swapping chips.

Then, when you’re done with the tune, you burn a chip, remove the RTP, and install the chip.

Or if you’re like me you just leave the RTP in for 8 years and never remove it which will probably work for 10 years until the battery dies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 02-06-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 08:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

If you want a cheap easy upgrade to that ecu purchase a low profile ZIF (zero insertion force) socket to push into where the chip goes, makes installation of chips or your emulator cable safer and easy as pie. Mine was 3 bucks and change.

It replaces the pinholes where the legs of the chip go with bladelike openings that clamp shut via a little lever to secure the pins.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks mate
Old 02-07-2019, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks alot, now im wondering if i should go with the DemonV2 or an Ostrich 2.0, i want something good but im only 17yo so I dont have thousands of bucks to spend so it would be good if its not so expensive
also do you know by any chance if someone sells these Moates products in the Europe?
Old 02-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Moates stuff ships worldwide, and has been the leader in low cost, diy tuning for like 20+ years. I bought my first moates products way back when i was your age to tune a motor swapped obd1 camaro and still use my original ostrich to this day.

But now I'm on my own, as shops here dont play with crome no mo. Never seen moates in a shop to purchase, its a small business. So I'd probably get whatever is neptune compatible so if after you street tune you want a pro to make the most of it, so they wont scoff at you for using crome
Old 02-07-2019, 09:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmarn View Post
also do you know by any chance if someone sells these Moates products in the Europe?
H-Tune in England might be able to help you:
https://h-tune.co.uk/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 slow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

What’s wrong with Hondata? He said he doesn’t have thousands to spend on it, Hondata is like $645 with ecu for boost by gear, just plug up the laptop no burning chips, s300v3 has Bluetooth you can datalog on your phone, and datalogging inputs you just wire right in

Quote:
Why would you wanna put pisswater in a new tranny?
[email protected] 1.9 60ft 1750lbs sedan y7/z6 notec head
stock block y7 265k and counting

[email protected] 1.8 60ft 1655lbs sedan y7/z6 head
vtec locked bisi stage 3 same ol block

Rip Pat Primmer.
slow4doorek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Hondata is probably the most expensive option.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 02-08-2019, 05:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah ive looked at hondata, even though its probably the easiest to do, i think im going to get a p06 chipped ecu and get moates ostrich 2.0, the ecu costs about 100bucks and its also in the europe which is good.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Youll want datalogging as well. Id suggest the Xtreme Hulog from moats as well. Im not sure if the kit comes with the header that solders into the board so Id double check that if you decide to order.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 02-09-2019, 10:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for the help guys 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ecu

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in