Jrsc type and car it fits?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2019, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Jrsc type and car it fits??

Can anyone tell me what the charger will fit. I want to install it on d16y8 1999 civic ex
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190128-182817_Samsung Internet_1548718292411.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	542.3 KB
ID:	125543  
ck_680@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2019, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

You bought an A6/Z6 kit. You may have trouble fitting it in, specifically the supercharger pulley clearance with the shock tower.

You will likely have to beat in your shock tower to make room. In my CRX, the shock tower had to be beat in and the 6th gen civics are even tighter from what I understand.

The Y7/8 kits shifted the belt more towards the engine by using an offset 3-rib supercharger pulley, a modified lower alternator bracket, and a 3-rib offset crank pulley.

Hope it works though. It’ll be tight

Did it come with the tensioner pulleys and the pulley block?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 01-28-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2019, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Yes i have tensioner pulley and what is pulley block?

Old 01-28-2019, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I was referring to the little rectangle piece that one of the pulley bolt ma screws into to adjust the pulley up/down. It slides along that slot in the alternator pulley bracket

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-29-2019, 02:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Its very tight and maybe too tight. Could i grind the bolt and smash in shock tower
Old 01-29-2019, 02:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

What i dont have is lower alternator bracket. Can it be made from oem
Old 01-29-2019, 07:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Technically yes, you could modify the OEM alternator bracket but it would be difficult to know exactly how much it needs to be machined. Also, you'd also need the JRSC crank pulley and a different supercharger pulley.

D-serious has the measurements for everything. He could probably have the crank pulley, the lower alternator bracket, and the supercharger pulley machined for you but I don't know how busy he is or how much it would cost.

Your best bet is going to be to try to get the supercharger installed as-is. Otherwise you're probably looking at several hundred dollars in additional parts and who knows how long of a wait.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 01-29-2019 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for all the help. It comes with 3 rib pulley on charger and i have the crank pulley aswell is what you mean?
Old 01-29-2019, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

The pulley on the supercharger in the picture is a 4-rib pulley.

You need 4 things to make it work correctly with the Y8:

3-rib offset supercharger pulley
3-rib offset JRSC crank pulley
Modified lower alternator bracket
Upper alternator spacer (Or a couple of washers stacked together)

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-29-2019, 09:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

The pic is from the internet. Not the one I have. Same manifold but I do have 3 rib pulley 3 rib crank pulley and spacer for alternator. All im missing is the lower bracket. I wonder if moss motors carries it.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

This is mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181011_072100_1548786227820.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	374.0 KB
ID:	125551  
Old 01-29-2019, 09:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

I'm not sure if moss carries it any more but it wouldn't hurt to call and check.

If not, D-serious has the measurements and can reproduce it (if he's still up to it). He sometimes sells them on ebay but doesn't have a listing for one right now. Send him a PM and ask him.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Found one on ebay but holy crap 150.00 for the part. Im in Canada with coversion and shipping its goinh to be close to $300
Old 01-29-2019, 10:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Glad to see people still posting about these damn kits on the forum.
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2019, 04:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

It fits and does not need any shock tower mods. Yay!! Now i need alternator bracket or instructions of how to customize mine
Old 01-29-2019, 06:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

That’s great. I wouldn’t have even mentioned the shock tower if I knew you didn’t buy the kit from your first pic.

D-serious may know how much it’s offset. You just need to machine off material from the inside part of the bracket

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-29-2019, 06:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Here’s a pic of the JR modified bracket

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-30-2019, 05:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Thats perfect thank you
Old 02-03-2019, 08:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

The offset is going to be the difference between the height in pulleys. IIRC this is no more than 5mm.
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in