Hows this build list look also questions about Ratios - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2018, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Hows this build list look also questions about Ratios

Current Parts list I'm looking at :
Engine - D16z6
Building the head first
Comp Cam
Crower 26mm exhaust valves
Crower 30mm Intake Valves
Skunk2 Springs & Titanium retainers

*Any other upgrades I should do to the head feel free to let me know .

* All Machining will Be done by me at my work

As for the bottom End

I Plan on going with CP Pistons and Eagle Rods

Which is where my question comes in I want to turbo but it is not in the current budget and I dont want to get lower compression ratios if I'm gonna stay N/a for a while .
So will 10:5:1 Ratio pistons work for now and with a turbo later ? I only plan on pushing 12 lbs of boost max .
If it helps I'm only looking to push max 350hp to the wheels

Any Help would be greatly appreciated
502EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2018, 12:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Without flow volume knowledge why have you decided 12 psi max boost?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2018, 05:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Just from what I've heard around the scene. I personally have no experience with a turbo I've been trying to learn but more of a hands on learner and 12 is just the max I'd want to go. I'd rather be closer to 8 lbs if that is what hits my targeted goal of 300 to 350.
I hope I understood your question enough to answer it...sorry if I didnt .
If it helps I plan to use a
CX racing Turbo kit

Old 08-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502EJ1 View Post
Just from what I've heard around the scene. I personally have no experience with a turbo I've been trying to learn but more of a hands on learner and 12 is just the max I'd want to go. I'd rather be closer to 8 lbs if that is what hits my targeted goal of 300 to 350.
I hope I understood your question enough to answer it...sorry if I didnt .
If it helps I plan to use a
CX racing Turbo kit
I went with Skunk2 Alpha Rods and NPR PM6 pistons and clevite bearings for the bottom end. https://www.cxracing.com/turbo-kit/t...AST-IC0051-KIT
With that kit, I swapped the manifold for a DNA motoring ramhorn, I am pushing 17 psi to hit near 350 whp.
Not sure if CX has ANY kit that will put you to that goal on 12 psi, let alone 8.
txdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2018, 03:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

psi from a t28 isn't the same as the psi from a 6262......find out what turbo youre going to use and read the compressor map. your "12psi" may not even be near the efficiency island
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2018, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

So after understanding what I can about flow charts ratios and compressor maps ....(Math has never been a strong suit) I'm looking at needing a 50 trim turbo. That trim should (if my math and understanding was correct ) put me between 250 and 300whp which is around exactly where I would like to be
Old 08-19-2018, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

https://www.cxracing.com/TRB-KIT-CIV...pSv7uKxwQ.link this is the turbo I'm looking to get
Old 08-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Who is tuning the ECU? And what ECU hardware are you going to get? High comp turbo is doable but a lot more important to get your tune perfect.

Port your oil pump (even though Z6 bottom ends are strong enough already)

I wouldn't spend money on the valves but it's your money. Crower is a good company regardless.

cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2018, 06:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
https://www.cxracing.com/TRB-KIT-CIV...pSv7uKxwQ.link this is the turbo I'm looking to get
The thing about the CX turbos is they do not have compressor maps and they give extremely VAGUE info about them. You'll need to take measurements of the inducers and exducers after you get it just to get an idea of what you have. I would think from my experience with them, the kit you chose **MAY** get you close to your goal.
I'll agree with Cyanide also; Crower has good stuff but if you're sticking with stock sized valves, just grab some OEM or AutoZone/O'Reilley/Napa, etc.. Keep em simple if standard size.
As far as porting/shimming of the oil pump, anything <500 hp is totally unnecessary. 500-600 is HIGHLY recommended. >600 is a definite need.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I'm still looking around Louisville for a tuner
Old 08-21-2018, 03:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm still looking around Louisville for a tuner
If you will be running a management system; S300, Neptune RTP, etc, and can not find a tuner close to you, phearable.net offers an E-tune service that I myself have used. I'm in a similar situation with no tuner close to me that deals with my Neptune. There IS a dyno shop an hour away though. Lol. Anyhow.. Phearable was able to get a nice tune dialed in and the process itself was pretty simple. Once completed, I was able to get a couple dyno pulls in and make a few tweaks. Overall, it was successful. Lol.
So, if nothing else, that is certainly an option.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

If u run a mad fat cam you can run mad compression and blow fire at track days since half ur load goes out the exhaust valves but bc of that ur dynamic cr will be chill so u can get that dyno guy to get it to run on pump gas.

Mad fat cam is key and the bigger the turbo the better. Gooogle anything you dont get 100%. Its great to learn bro knowledge is power
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in