1.5 L sohc - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 1.5 L sohc

Wanting to get my ek9 civic back on the road with turbo i just bought all the turbo stuff used but all looks solid. About 8 years ago I got a d15b from japan it had 80000km on it and had a guy who has done a ton of honda swaps put it in. I don't know what ecu he has in it cause the cars a 96 and that motor is from a 92-95. Anyway 8 years ago I drove it through the mountains and it ran amazing could feel the vtec kick in ran amazing put 5000km on it since swap then i screwed up the front bumper and just parked it for last 8 years. It started up first try and seems to be running awesome other than some squealing from alternator belt. However before tapping my oil pan i checked compression its 121 on all 4 cylinders. So without doing a leak down test or pulling engine apart to check timing anything else I can do to see why its so low ? I think when i fired it up that first time it jumped some teeth... But if thats the case isn't that what one wants to do anyway to turbo a d15b is lower their compression by retarding the timing ?(I'm on a budget and trying to do everything cheap and only want 200hp at the wheels )
Thanks in advance James
factorymidori is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Might wanna add some detail to your title.

Is that cold compression?

How long has the engine been running since you started it up again? Rings seem to work back in after a few miles. I had similar compression in my engine, hadn't run in years. I just treated it like a new motor I was breaking in for the first oil change interval and compression came up significantly and consistently. Don't remember exact figures.

I'll be running a new test in the near future (pre turbo evaluations) so I'll post some numbers soonish of where I'm at 3 years and 18k miles later.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

121 across al cylinders is fine.

Being it sat for so long, I recommend chanign the oil, and driving the car for at least 4-5 full tanks of fuel. Get everything cycled, seals/gaskets get conditioned with clean oil, etc...

Dont mess with timing unless its to put it to stock spec. If only after 200hp, you dont need to do anything out of the ordinary. obviously injectors are required. fuel pump will handle 200hp just fine, just do yourself a favor and keep an eye on fuel pressure to verify the pump is indeed healthy.

Ive seen plenty of budget 200-300hp turbo setups utilize the stock fuel pump with a new sock filter, and sometimes with a relay'd rewire setup to get the pump battery voltage

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in