Inputs needed on my catch can setup - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 StuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

So I came up with this diagram because I couldn't find any that hooks all 4 things together.
I wanted to run a closed-loop with no filter that way I don't have to smell the fumes inside my car mostly.
I was thinking of running the PCV valve to the catch can to the in Port and then having that outport go to my Turbo so it will constantly be sucking in the fumes and it'll be filtered. And then I want to run my valve cover to T into the line on the catch can from the PCV valve so that can be filtered as well before it goes to the turbo.
And I want to run my intake manifold to the catch can but in the outline because that air has already been filtered by the air filter on the turbo so it doesn't need run through the CAT scan.

What do y'all think about my setup?
Pros / cons?
Better idea?
I don't want to vent it for many reasons.
Thx!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180328_215327_1522292409026.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	559.5 KB
ID:	124401  
StuckInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTexas View Post
So I came up with this diagram because I couldn't find any that hooks all 4 things together.
I wanted to run a closed-loop with no filter that way I don't have to smell the fumes inside my car mostly.
I was thinking of running the PCV valve to the catch can to the in Port and then having that outport go to my Turbo so it will constantly be sucking in the fumes and it'll be filtered. And then I want to run my valve cover to T into the line on the catch can from the PCV valve so that can be filtered as well before it goes to the turbo.
And I want to run my intake manifold to the catch can but in the outline because that air has already been filtered by the air filter on the turbo so it doesn't need run through the CAT scan.

Pros / cons?
Better idea?
Thx!
I'd run the crank case vent and the valve cover to the catch can, then run the OUT line to the turbo's intake pipe. There's no chance of pressure there, so no need for the PCV, remove it (it's not a filter).

No need to run anything to the intake manifold.

Better idea would be to run the OUT line to a slash cut port into the exhaust stream to create a variable vacuum that's dependent on RPM (higher vacuum at higher RPM) to theoretically squeeze out a negligible amount of power

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 08:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 StuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB055 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTexas View Post

Pros / cons?
Better idea?
Thx!
I'd run the crank case vent and the valve cover to the catch can, then run the OUT line to the turbo's intake pipe. There's no chance of pressure there, so no need for the PCV, remove it (it's not a filter).

No need to run anything to the intake manifold.

Better idea would be to run the OUT line to a slash cut port into the exhaust stream to create a variable vacuum that's dependent on RPM (higher vacuum at higher RPM) to theoretically squeeze out a negligible amount of power
Thanks for the reply I guess ill just do that and use the port on the manifold for a boost gauge.
StuckInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in