D16Y8 JRSC question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2018, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default D16Y8 JRSC question

Looking for someone that has a D16Y8 with a JRSC kit. Specifically, I need some clarification regarding the fuel rail installation.

The Jackson racing instructions state that holes will need to be drilled in the OEM rail and phenolic spacers (2x) need to be installed.

If you have this setup, can you snap some pictures of the way the fuel rail is mounted and show pics of where the rail bolts up and how the spacers are installed?

Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

i had a y8 with a jrsc.

dont think i have any close up pics of the fuel rail.

i dont recall drilling holes in the fuel rail or using any kind of spacers.

also didnt have stock injectors i had injector nation 375cc so not sure if that makes a difference with needing spacers or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

civicdxude is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2018, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

This is what the install instructions say:

"Your original fuel rail was held in place
with two 10-mm headed nuts. These two
nuts have a different centerline than the
manifold we supply. The supercharger manifold
used on your car fits many years and
models, consequently, you must drill two
simple holes in the flat area near your current
fuel rail mounting holes."

I stupidly threw away a Y8 fuel rail, thinking I'd never possibly need it for my A6. Now I'm kicking myself :/

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Old 01-23-2018, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Can we please just rename d-series.org to "old guys who ask questions about jackson racing kits"
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2018, 04:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Blackrex is learning the way of the DBlackrex is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

yeah it seems this site has died
Blackrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2018, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
This is what the install instructions say:

"Your original fuel rail was held in place
with two 10-mm headed nuts. These two
nuts have a different centerline than the
manifold we supply. The supercharger manifold
used on your car fits many years and
models, consequently, you must drill two
simple holes in the flat area near your current
fuel rail mounting holes."

I stupidly threw away a Y8 fuel rail, thinking I'd never possibly need it for my A6. Now I'm kicking myself :/
i suppose it is possible i drilled holes.

so then my question now is what are you missing that keeps yous from drilling holes in your current fuel rail?

any d series rail for the most part should work just drill the holes. i know i did drill holes to put a y7 fuel rail on a z6 intake one time. its not a difficult task.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdxude View Post
so then my question now is what are you missing that keeps yous from drilling holes in your current fuel rail?
Iím trying to sell an extra JRSC kit that I have. I donít have the phenolic spacers that the install instructions mention so Iím curious what they look like

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-25-2018, 10:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

this is what i found googling.

you can see the 3 spacers there. the middle one is broken in half.

i can tell you on mine it didnt have those spacers. and actually was a completely different style plenum and mounts.

added a pic of mine.

the white one is mine and you can see the type of fuel rail mounts are more similar to that of a regular y8 intake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture009.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	123585   Click image for larger version

Name:	sLCqKNQ.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	731.2 KB
ID:	123593  

Last edited by civicdxude; 01-25-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

So the manifold on the left is a b series so I’m not sure those spacers matter.

Your manifold on the right looks different than mine. I think I may have gotten one that has multiple mounting points for both fuel rails. I will check when I’m home.

Thanks for the pic!

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
So the manifold on the left is a b series so Iím not sure those spacers matter.

Your manifold on the right looks different than mine. I think I may have gotten one that has multiple mounting points for both fuel rails. I will check when Iím home.

Thanks for the pic!
My manifold has 3 mounting points iirc. not two. Interesting....
Old 01-26-2018, 06:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i think the 3 vs the 2 mounting points has to do with what it was made for.

im fairly certain mine was specifically for a d16y8. if you notice in the manifold the back of it has no port for IAT sensor. d16y8 had the sensor is in the intake tube so Jackson racing expected you to use that.

(i put in a crv style one so it would actually be semi accurate)

d16y8 intakes only have 2 mounting points for the fuel rails where the d16z6 has 3 so thats probably why yours is different. it was made for a z6 but as far as i can tell they all pretty much will work on any d series engine with some teaks here and there.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

So yeah, that’s not how either of my two manifolds are:

I suspect that they were making different manifolds per application at one point and then changed it to a common manifold design because it was cheaper.

I’ve seen some that were cast (as you mentioned) without a hole for the IAT but mine just has a block off plate

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
So yeah, thatís not how either of my two manifolds are:

I suspect that they were making different manifolds per application at one point and then changed it to a common manifold design because it was cheaper.

Iíve seen some that were cast (as you mentioned) without a hole for the IAT but mine just has a block off plate

More parts to index and document . * excellent *
Old 01-26-2018, 10:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-serious View Post
More parts to index and document . * excellent *
Iíll need to snap some pics of the really old ďSebring Superchargers by Jackson RacingĒ kit then!

Had a different version of the M45, a different bypass valve configuration, and a slightly different manifold

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 01-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

interesting.

what does the coolant port look like?

i know mine was for a 99-00 y8 as it had provisions for the cold start bullshit those engines had.

strange that they made so many different styles.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdxude View Post
interesting.

what does the coolant port look like?

i know mine was for a 99-00 y8 as it had provisions for the cold start bullshit those engines had.

strange that they made so many different styles.
The only coolant port I've ever seen is the small circular port on the bottom left below the brass nipple:

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in